Author Topic: It seems like nothing works???!!  (Read 3503 times)

Offline knicho94

• Posting Member
I am 6 foot, 140lbs and very athletic. Ever since I was about 12 or 13 I started to develop extra chest fat that I thought would eventually go away. I lost 30 pounds last year but my chest stays the same. My upper chest looks good, its just my lower chest and my puffy nipples that bother me. I have football practice everyday in which I run my ass off and get alot of cardio, then after practice everyday I go the gym and weight lift. I have recently turned to using creatine monohydrate out of desperation because nothing seems to work. Also I use advocare protein as supplements. Ive been working out all year but I really started to hit the weights hard about 2 and a half months ago. I do Decline bench, decline flies, decline pushups, dips, decline chest press, and I use the tower cables here and there. My problem is im just not seeing the results I want. Eating healthy for me is always hard because when I try to eat light it just doesnt cut it you know? I just dont get full. I don't eat fast food more than twice a week (and that's only because its the only food I have at my disposal at some times.) Over the past couple months of working out Ive noticed my upper chest is getting much bigger in a good way. Ive been putting on muscle it just seems my lower chest just has fatty tissue around it and extremely swollen nipple about quarter sized.
Does anyone have tips such as workouts,diets,suppliments,or anything that can help me gain a pinch of confidence with my shirt off, lol.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Exercise and supplements won't get rid of enlarged breast tissue.  Any supplement that claims to get rid of man boobs is bogus-DO NOT buy supps like that.  Creatine and protein supplements have been shown effective in multiple clinical trials for improving strength and local muscular endurance.  However, they won't make any difference whatsoever in the puffiness of your nipples.

If you're in your mid to late teens, there's still a small chance you'll grow out of your condition, but it's more likely that it will stick around.  A pretty large percentage of men have gynecomastia.  The only real solution for most is to get surgery (I had surgery 16 days ago!).  If you want a more qualified opinion, post some pictures and aim your question at Dr. Bermant or some other surgeon with experience in this area.  Several of them are frequently active on this site.

DrBermant

I am 6 foot, 140lbs and very athletic. Ever since I was about 12 or 13 I started to develop extra chest fat that I thought would eventually go away. I lost 30 pounds last year but my chest stays the same. My upper chest looks good, its just my lower chest and my puffy nipples that bother me. I have football practice everyday in which I run my ass off and get alot of cardio, then after practice everyday I go the gym and weight lift. I have recently turned to using creatine monohydrate out of desperation because nothing seems to work. Also I use advocare protein as supplements. Ive been working out all year but I really started to hit the weights hard about 2 and a half months ago. I do Decline bench, decline flies, decline pushups, dips, decline chest press, and I use the tower cables here and there. My problem is im just not seeing the results I want. Eating healthy for me is always hard because when I try to eat light it just doesnt cut it you know? I just dont get full. I don't eat fast food more than twice a week (and that's only because its the only food I have at my disposal at some times.) Over the past couple months of working out Ive noticed my upper chest is getting much bigger in a good way. Ive been putting on muscle it just seems my lower chest just has fatty tissue around it and extremely swollen nipple about quarter sized.
Does anyone have tips such as workouts,diets,suppliments,or anything that can help me gain a pinch of confidence with my shirt off, lol.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia as well as many other athletes. A common complaint is that as they build their muscle, what sits on top of the muscle just gets pushed out further. Exercising can help shape the muscle, but residual gland and some fat remain. Check out the Anatomy of Puffy Nipples to see the composition of this contour problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you want a more qualified opinion, post some pictures and aim your question at Dr. Bermant or some other surgeon with experience in this area.  Several of them are frequently active on this site.

Pics to take are front, left and right profiles...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

If you want a more qualified opinion, post some pictures and aim your question at Dr. Bermant or some other surgeon with experience in this area.  Several of them are frequently active on this site.

Pics to take are front, left and right profiles...

GB...

A Standard Series of Gynecomastia Pictures can better show subtle issues for male chest contour problems than a limited 3 view set. The oblique views as well as how the chest looks with muscles flexed and arms up over the head can provide information about potential contour details.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
It sounds like you are doing all the right things.  Unfortunately, gynecomastia fat is tyically located along the the lower and outer part of the chest.  This will routinely give a rounded appearance when ideally the chest should have more horizontal appearance.  Click Here is an example of how gynecomastia changes the shape of the breast.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024