Author Topic: Does your belly get bigger after surgery?  (Read 3062 times)

Offline attila1905

• Posting Member
Im not sure if I had a belly like how its looking right now. I just had my surgery three days ago. Does the liqued that they pump your chest area run down to your belly and make it look bigger or do I sound stupid right now?

hammer

Yes, you sound stupid! However, the pain meds your on can cause constipation, so you may have some bloating gone on!

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
No, the surgery doesn't make your belly bigger.  Maybe it's the visual impact of the compressive garment.  I need to lose about 15-20 lbs and I know it felt like the tight vest seemed to make my midsection look more prominent than I remembered it.   But it was more the impact of everything being squeezed in the garment and almost mushrooming out at the bottom of my vest.

Offline attila1905

• Posting Member
No, the surgery doesn't make your belly bigger.  Maybe it's the visual impact of the compressive garment.  I need to lose about 15-20 lbs and I know it felt like the tight vest seemed to make my midsection look more prominent than I remembered it.   But it was more the impact of everything being squeezed in the garment and almost mushrooming out at the bottom of my vest.

this makes sense.
thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Oftentimes after surgery there is fluid retention.  Also, the pressure garment on your chest makes it look flat while the abdomen, by contrast, may appear larger.  And finally, some painkillers can cause constipation which can result in bloating.  The anesthesia may also slow down your intestines, so you may have some extra gas as well.

Rest assured, when all has calmed down in a few weeks, your abdomen will be no larger than where it started.

And no, the fluid that was injected into your chest doesn't "run down" into your abdomen.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024