Author Topic: Tell Your Story!  (Read 3154 times)

Offline EROSTONY

• Posting Member
  • looking for your input :)
Hello all! I am a member with gyne and I am also a writer.  I have made contacts with a couple of magazines and Oprah.com to disuss our stories and experiences.  If anyone is interested in furthering our cause and who would like to share please email your stories to erostony@telus.net. Let's get this story out on mainstream day time talk and off of cable.

Cheers! 8)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
What's oprah going to do for us? Isn't that a female dominant show?  Gynecomastia is a male problem.

Now if you had contacts with mens magazines or shows, then maybe you'd be on to something.

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
    Maybe she will give everyone a free chest job. ::)
Then treat us to the best dinner money can buy. All this to say bro it sounds like a waste of time too me. :-/ Go ha-la at Dr.Phil and you may be on to something.

I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline jc71

Sorry EROSTONY, I think you have positive intentions.  I just think we can better get the word out to men with shows and publications that interest men. :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We are the people best able to get the story out.  Start with your own family.  As long as gynecomastia remains a secret,  Nothing is likely to improve.

As the incidence of obesity increases, so too the incidence of gynecomastia increases.  Partially this is simply that fat guys have fat breasts and partially because fat is capable of altering testosterone to estrogen.

Keep fit and keep a good atitude then, just be yourself.
Grandpa Dan

Offline deckard

• Posting Member

As the incidence of obesity increases, so too the incidence of gynecomastia increases.  Partially this is simply that fat guys have fat breasts and partially because fat is capable of altering testosterone to estrogen.

Hi Paa_Paw,

I've lost a lot of weight over the last years, about 40 pounds. I noticed that the more weight I lost, the more energy I had. Which seems odd, since obviously I was consuming fewer calories - and there was not much change in my exercise regiem. Do you you reckon this could be due to body fat converting testosterone to estrogen?

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
A very strong factor in being overweight and energy levels is metabolism.  Your metabolism gets farked when you have extra pounds on you.  

Now, your body can operate more easily, both on a general "carrying itself around" level, as well as on a biochemical level.

I'm sure there are other factors as well, but it is definitely true that the more extra fat pounds you have on you, the less energy and general level of "health" that you have.

Plus, exercising increases your metabolism.  

Basically, when you have a low metabolism, your body doesn't process the nutrients from the food that you eat very well.  

So it's not so much a factor of how much that you eat, so much as how well your body can process the calories and nutrients that it receives.

There are many factors that both exercise, and the process of reducing your body fat improve, but very important among them is that your metabolism improves.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in any way.  It's been a long week, and I'm about to hit the hay.

Basically, gyne or no gyne, it's good to be in shape.  That's the way I look at it.  

And if you're in shape, you can more easily beat the crap out of people who say things about your gyne.  Just kidding on that last one.. lol.  

What somebody said about taking a martial art sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
deckard,

The change in energy level could have been from not having to pack arount the extra weight.  It could have been as a result of changing the "Estrogen : Testosterone" relationship.  Or, It may have been a combination of the two. I'd really be over my head If I tried to be specific here.

Hypo is the resident expert on hormonal matters. Your question might better be directed to him.

Congratulations on getting in shape.

Offline jc71

agree with abnormal.  as i loose weight, my energy is going through the roof.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024