Author Topic: Are Compression Vests Really Effective?  (Read 4991 times)

Offline CalebJMoore

I am fit when it comes to my lower body and my stomach area isnt very large i have bigger upper arms and upper chest. So i was not sure if i should spend the money on a compression vest to help my chest or will it push the fat somewhere else? How does it work? How do you measure it? There are sizes example 30-39 is that chest size or waist? Thanks to who ever can answer these questions it would be alot of help. I am looking into surgery but that wont be for a bit i need a quick fix for now. Will the fat be pushed up ? in? or down into my stomach area thanks i need some help.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
personally Ive never tried one but from looking at them they must be very uncomfortable!
 I wear a womens running top with built in bra when Im doing excersise to stop my breasts from jiggling about & being uncomfortable.

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
Extremely uncomfortable....had to wear one for a good year!

The sizing can be difficult to determine. This is because the more serious the case, the tighter an individual is going to want the vest to be. You can measure the diameter of your chest by taking a tape measure thing they use to fit people for clothes. Wrap it around your chest and it should tell you the "size" of your chest...none of which is related to your waist size.

It definitely is a quick fix...

-Eric
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Extremely uncomfortable....had to wear one for a good year!

Why for a year?  Was that after your surgery for healing, or before surgery for 'sculpting?'

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I wore them before surgery.

Offline thetodd

I found them pretty impossible to use when i had gyne, i got a nike training vest type thing that was tight but not overly tight

Eric i just had a look at the video in your sig, really great video! Wish id seen it leading up to my surgery! Dr Elliot Jacobs seems like a top bloke was really nice to watch. Just out of my own curisosity did Discovery pay for your surgery in the end?

Took balls to go on TV like that, especially to repost it in your signature. Major respect to ya!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Yes, that really must have taken some balls to do on TV.  Major respect here too.  Eric, how did your classmates and friends react to your TV episode?

Offline gynedowner

• Posting Member
yeah, i just watched that video. you are definitely a brave man. i can't walk around with my shirt off at home, let alone put myself on t.v. Truly inspiring vid. Need more people like you spreading the word, cuz most kids suffer alone thinking they're the only ones. Definitely keep it up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024