Author Topic: Quote from the late actress Jill Clayburgh  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
ok, guys - my two cents:
'Equal' can mean 'same' or 'identical'.
It can also refer to 'standing in law' or 'rights', which is a different meaning.

It's obvious men and women are not the 'same'.
It is also be obvious that they should have the 'same rights' in law.

Seems like one of the participants is
'splitting hairs' and the other is:
'splitting hares'.

Until you see those phrases written you don't get the intended meaning ....
Thank you, Moobzie, for your common sense reply.

I was always aware of the two interpretations of the word, which is why I took umbrage to gmast using the inappropriate one and apply it holus bolus to the exclusivity of the other when describing women.

aboywithgirls

Hi guys 🤗

I truly enjoy my life as a woman. It REALLY is what I have always wanted. There is a difference to the way society interacts with me and the expectation of my behavior as well. Male privilege is real. Female privilege is real as well. 

Being a woman makes me superior but, superior only to my former self, not anyone else male or female. I am a happier, more confident, more outgoing, more loving and caring version of my self. I love myself now which helps me love others. 

There are no rules in our society to how men or women are treated. There are however expectations. There is of course, the expectation that as a woman, I wear a bra and that men have no business in a lingerie boutique or department. That is just silly. I wear a 36H and my wife is a 34DD. We both need to wear a bra for support, comfort, modesty and shape. My breasts have remained almost unchanged regardless of what was between my legs.

My work place has a dress code that states that I have to wear a bra at work and if I choose to wear a skirt or dress,I have to wear nylons or tights. Men have to wear a tie. I can have an open collar where there's have to be button. This is because of meeting expectations of a "professional" appearance. 

Men and women are treated differently and they are treated the same. A senior employee is treated the same and differently from a junior employee. There is never a "never" and never and " always". There are no absolutes in this world, only 6 billion people who all want to be happy, love, and be loved ❤️.

your sis,
Sophie 🤗🥰😍💋❤️

gmast

Mate, take a breath!

I dislike getting bogged down in this as much as you, and I apologize to Johndoe1 for the tangent we're now on... but..."When I say the(y) aren't equal, it means they are different" is YOUR interpretation. Do you apply the same interpretation to race, religion, sexuality etc.?

When women fight for equality, what does that mean to you? A desire to undergo a sex change operation?

It's not my interpretation,  I'm the one that wrote it, so I know what I meant.  You are the one that misinterpreted.  I'm sorry I haven't kept up on which usage of words have  even deprecated by the woke and the easily offended, and that this use has offended you.  I will drop this thread as it seems people are wanting to  be upset, and trying to clarify further is not going to change that.

Offline Johndoe1

Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Online 42CSurprise!

Can we all just get along?
I'm with you John.  It boggles my mind that a group of men who come together to talk about our breasts and whether we should wear a brassiere would begin arguing about gender and what equality means.  Testosterone is clearly alive and well even among this group of men contending with elevated estrogen.    

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
^ To that end, like gmast, I will also drop it. Apologies to anyone who felt that they were being dragged through such unneccessary dialog.

Offline gotgyne

Quote from Confused old man:
"Actually women can go topless in a lot of cities and states in the u.s. the top free movement and several law suits for equal rights has secured that. Now if they choose to of course is up to them. I’m sure there are those who would harass them to keep them from doing it. There are parades across the country every year that celebrated free the nipple and total nudity....before covid...not sure now. I am also 5-11 185 the same as dude with boobs. Two months ago I went to a indoor water park with the family. I was going to wear a t shirt but it was really hot in there. So I braved it. Yep!...got some looks...no one said anything. But 99% of the people were just having fun. Could care less that I have boobs. I’m sure that some women were thinking to them selves...if he can go topless...why not me? Well in that state and city it is legal for them to go topless...but, at this private water park, it was against the rules...darn it!😂😂😂"

In Germany a week ago a public swimming pool at Göttingen (Northern Germany, not far from Hannover) started to permit women going topless on saturdays and sundays. The reason was, that one women who had to leave the pool since she didn't wear the top of her bikini complained about this and stated she was treated unequally to men. But I never read till this day that a man with gynecomastia complained, that he must go topless.
I, with a B or C cup depending on the bra, visit public swimming pools always topless and saunas of course completely nude. No problems so far with other visitors.

A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

aboywithgirls

After the age of 12, I NEVER went swimming topless. I started just wearing a tshirt and then a sports bra under my tshirt. Eventually I was sick and tired of wearing a wet tshirt which just made things worse as well as being uncomfortable. I started wearing a blouson tankini that didn't look alot different from a tank top. It had built-in support and would dry quickly. I would also wear regular swim trunks with it. Now, I have much more freedom and variety of options to wear for sun and swim activities. I still don't go top less. 🤗😉

Your sis,

Sophie

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
Quote from Confused old man:
"Actually women can go topless in a lot of cities and states in the u.s. the top free movement and several law suits for equal rights has secured that. Now if they choose to of course is up to them. I’m sure there are those who would harass them to keep them from doing it. There are parades across the country every year that celebrated free the nipple and total nudity....before covid...not sure now. I am also 5-11 185 the same as dude with boobs. Two months ago I went to a indoor water park with the family. I was going to wear a t shirt but it was really hot in there. So I braved it. Yep!...got some looks...no one said anything. But 99% of the people were just having fun. Could care less that I have boobs. I’m sure that some women were thinking to them selves...if he can go topless...why not me? Well in that state and city it is legal for them to go topless...but, at this private water park, it was against the rules...darn it!😂😂😂"

In Germany a week ago a public swimming pool at Göttingen (Northern Germany, not far from Hannover) started to permit women going topless on saturdays and sundays. The reason was, that one women who had to leave the pool since she didn't wear the top of her bikini complained about this and stated she was treated unequally to men. But I never read till this day that a man with gynecomastia complained, that he must go topless.
I, with a B or C cup depending on the bra, visit public swimming pools always topless and saunas of course completely nude. No problems so far with other visitors.
yes that is true . it is legal in new york city as well as federal parks and oregon just made it legal I also chose to go topless and never had na issues. even on cruises but it is up to each other modesty

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024