Author Topic: will there ever be a cure?  (Read 2509 times)

Offline chipsmagee

• Posting Member
Surely there has to be a cure for gyno in the end? They have found cures for just about eveything else....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If it were a disease, they would eventually find a cure.

The condition is not a disease, it is an embarrassment to be sure but in reality it nothing more than that. It will never be possible to cure a disease that does not exist.

What we think of as being "Normal" is not a single idea but a range. There is a wide range of heights that would all be considered normal. Your shoe size could be considerably larger or smaller than mine but we both have normal feet. The "Normal" male chest is like that as well. A man would have to have really large breasts to completely outside the range of normal.

In a more perfect society, this would be better understood and there would be no teasing and no embarrassment to any of us. Unfortunately, none of us lives in such a perfect society.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
If it were a disease, they would eventually find a cure.

The condition is not a disease, it is an embarrassment to be sure but in reality it nothing more than that. It will never be possible to cure a disease that does not exist.

What we think of as being "Normal" is not a single idea but a range. There is a wide range of heights that would all be considered normal. Your shoe size could be considerably larger or smaller than mine but we both have normal feet. The "Normal" male chest is like that as well. A man would have to have really large breasts to completely outside the range of normal.

In a more perfect society, this would be better understood and there would be no teasing and no embarrassment to any of us. Unfortunately, none of us lives in such a perfect society.

This has top be the most factual & common sense post I have ever read on this forum or any other!

thanks Paa_Paw ;D

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Thank you for your kind words.

I think that most of us here are trying to make some sense of what has befallen us. I cannot accept the premise that our condition is even the least abnormal. What we have in common is that we are all on one end of the normal range.

To my mind, the tragedy of our time is that among the most common of surgeries are breast augmentation for women and breast reductions for men. In both cases, the people are trying to meet an artificial standard.

We are fortunate to live in a time when there are such surgeries available but I would hope for a day when these fine surgeons could use their talents for other purposes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024