Author Topic: message that a surgeon sent to me.  (Read 15411 times)

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
I'm having mine done next week in NYC. My consultation was $150 and my surgery is going to be $7900. Having it done by Dr. Jacobs who does 8 of these a week.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Gynodude, this is not the first time that I've seen you try to convince people that loposuction will take out gland.  I wonder about your knowledge of human anatomy to say such a thing.  You should stop giving false info on this site.  I'm guessing that your surgery worked because you were overweight and the doc sucked excess fat from your chest.  I wonder why surgeons would bother with excision when they could just lipo out the gland? 

Moobies.  I've taken time out of my day to try and help you.  Maybe you will be the second person in history to have gland taken out with lipo, gynodude being the first, of course.  Good Luck 

GynO_DuDe

lol, relax ... I probably didn't explain properly.

But basically, theirs liposuction and theirs another method I dont know the name exactly where gland can also be removed using a cannula through an incision in the armpit, thats the method I had done on me ... they fill your chest up with a fluid, then grind/cut away the breast tissue with a cannula.

Hope that made sense ... but theirs others that have had this method done on them as well including Time_to_fix_it

GynO_DuDe

Here we go ... this paragraph is taken from the book I received from my surgeon when I had my consultation:

"Using LipoPlasty techniques the breast tissue is approached from a position close to the armpit. Access is gained through a tiny stab wound, which following healing, is difficult to see. Carefully, working the cannula back and forth, the surgeon is able to draw off the excess breast tissue under high vacuum. Only when the area is flat and normal in appearance, will the operation come to an end. The surgery is carried out under general anesthesia and you will be required to stay in the hospital for two days. Following treatment breast tissue does not grow back and fat cannot be deposited as the fat cells have been removed."

You see, I know what im talking about ... I did my research before having my operation. Im a 20 year old, and £4000 was a LOT of cash to me, but worth every penny ...

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
My doc is going to attempt something similar. He said he's making a small incision around the armpit and then using his own designed Lipo tools. He'll be injecting me with fluid to help soften the tissue then using his tools which have razors on them, he'll be able to break down the tissue and suck it out. That being said, he did say that the tissue may be too dense and he may have to remove via excision, but he won't know that until he tries it.

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
Apparently cannula only works with soft and spread-out tissue.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Gynodude, You should have done a little bit more research.  Lipoplasty is the medical term for liposuction.  They are synonyms.  It's great that you come back to the website from time to time to help people and I'm sure that the new members appreciate it. But, whether it's dry, wet, super wet... PAL, UAL.... They are all just liposuction.  Fairly recent inventions like PAL only make it easier on the surgeon.  
People come to this site so that they can receive advice for the do's and do not do's :) of starting their gyne-resolving journey.
The number one rule;  The rule of all rules;  Liposuction does not work on mammary gland.  99.9 percent of unhappy customers are those whom have had lipo only.  So please...Give people advice on before and after care and everythng in between but please don't perpetuate the same myth of sub-par surgeons everywhere.  If you're happy with your results that's fine.  I will bet my left and right testicle that you were overweight at the time of surgery.  Am I right?  Not that there's anything wrong with that but most people on this site have excessive mammary gland that needs excision... period.  FACT
Keep fighting the good fight but please stop telling people to get lipo only.  

Peace broham.  I am sincere in my words and I'm happy to hear that you are happy with the appearance of your chest.  

Snycs10... There are millions of unhappy customers who have had unsuccessful surgery.  They would kill for the chance to go back and not just listen to the first surgeon they went to.  Your surgeon even said that he does perform excision.  Just a little fishy that he rarely does. Like I said, 99.9 percent of unhappy customers are those who have only had lipo.  You go ahead and get that lipo-only surgery and tell us how it works out.  

Offline Mark8

• Posting Member
Dr. Ewart in Augusta, Georgia performs surgery for gynecomastia.  I had the surgery in August (2007), and everything went great.  He's board certified, and has offices right in University hospital (it's one of the regions largest hospitals and located right next to the Medical College of Georgia.)

I hear a lot of talk about lipo versus excision.  Has anyone had surgery with ultrasound liposuction (check this out: http://www.springerlink.com/content/yx9dln0n89g1rfdt/ ).  It's what my doc used, and supposedly its much better for skin contraction than traditional lipo.  Ultrasound breaks up the glandular tissue while the liposuction removes the fat and gland. tissue.  The guys who always argue about excision versus lipo. should check it out.

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
Where did I say that rarely does exscision. Each cse is different.

GynO_DuDe

My doc is going to attempt something similar. He said he's making a small incision around the armpit and then using his own designed Lipo tools. He'll be injecting me with fluid to help soften the tissue then using his tools which have razors on them, he'll be able to break down the tissue and suck it out. That being said, he did say that the tissue may be too dense and he may have to remove via excision, but he won't know that until he tries it.

Thats it!? that tool with razors! ... I had a choice between incision in the nipple or that, and I preferred that method!

GynO_DuDe

Gynodude, You should have done a little bit more research.  Lipoplasty is the medical term for liposuction.  They are synonyms.  It's great that you come back to the website from time to time to help people and I'm sure that the new members appreciate it. But, whether it's dry, wet, super wet... PAL, UAL.... They are all just liposuction.  Fairly recent inventions like PAL only make it easier on the surgeon.  
People come to this site so that they can receive advice for the do's and do not do's :) of starting their gyne-resolving journey.
The number one rule;  The rule of all rules;  Liposuction does not work on mammary gland.  99.9 percent of unhappy customers are those whom have had lipo only.  So please...Give people advice on before and after care and everythng in between but please don't perpetuate the same myth of sub-par surgeons everywhere.  If you're happy with your results that's fine.  I will bet my left and right testicle that you were overweight at the time of surgery.  Am I right?  Not that there's anything wrong with that but most people on this site have excessive mammary gland that needs excision... period.  FACT
Keep fighting the good fight but please stop telling people to get lipo only.  

Peace broham.  I am sincere in my words and I'm happy to hear that you are happy with the appearance of your chest.  

Snycs10... There are millions of unhappy customers who have had unsuccessful surgery.  They would kill for the chance to go back and not just listen to the first surgeon they went to.  Your surgeon even said that he does perform excision.  Just a little fishy that he rarely does. Like I said, 99.9 percent of unhappy customers are those who have only had lipo.  You go ahead and get that lipo-only surgery and tell us how it works out.  

Sorry, I didn't realise ...

Offline desi

• Gold Member
lipo alone does not solve the problem.....period!
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

GynO_DuDe

Actually, I take back my apology ... I was indeed right ...

Heres a quote from the following website: http://www.cosmedical.com/bcm-gynecomastia.htm

"We, however, introduced the scarless male breast reduction several years ago. We utilize state-of-the-art technology for this remarkable procedure, which allows us to break up hard glandular tissue and remove it through the suction cannula used to perform liposuction. The one-hour procedure is performed in our certified surgery center, where patients are given a local or twilight anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Most scarless male breast reduction patients are fully recovered within 24 to 48 hours. "

Thats the method I had done on me ...

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
And this is exactly what I'm having done on Tuesday

GynO_DuDe

Good luck buddy ... should be fine.

But yeah, I understand where the confusion is now ... both methods are referred to as Liposuction but the thing is, one of them actually gets rid of hard glandular tissue and the other is just for removing fat.

So when ever your doc recommends lipo, find out if he's actually removing glandular tissue!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024