Author Topic: 5 hours post op  (Read 2715 times)

mortx15

Hey everyone,

Ive been on this site since July, doin some reading and alittle posting. This morning I finally got my surgery. I know that when i was on this site it helped me to deal with things by reading how other peoples surgeries went so I figured id tell how mine went too. My surgery consisted of tissue excision with lipo.

Im 21 first off and have had gyne since as long as i can remember. I scheduled my surgery for december during my christmas break from college.   I walked in to the hospital at 6am, got some things checked like height, weight, blood pressure, the works. Then after some more waiting and gettin changed into a gown I went into the prep area where they eventually gave me an IV (which was probably the worst part of the surgery, because i Dont like needles). They gave me some fluids to ease my stomach and then somethin to calm me down...it was a nice feeling.   The nurses then rolled me into the operating room, me and the nurses joked aroud for alil (they were very nice), and then i was givien a general aenesthetic.

Next thing i know i woke up with a lady standing over me. she asked me if i was in any pain on a scale from 1 to 10. I think i said 6.75 for some reason and she gave me alil somethin to ease the pain. I had to sit there for a while to recover, my eyesight was still funky, everything was blurry but that went away after about a half hour. When i felt better they rolled me into a recovery room and sat me in a chair where i was met by my parents and then got dressed. finally a nurse wheeled me out to the car and i was on my way.

Now im home, its 2 oclock and i havent felt any pain really. Just a bit sore, but i took a perk just to taket he edge off. My doctor wrapped me up tight in an ace bandage with some gauze underneath and said i could take the bandages off to shower tomorow if i wanted to.   

Im terrible with things like surgery. I hate needles and i cant stand going to the doctor, but this experience may have changed the way i think about that. i can already tell that " a part of me is missing" and cannot wait to see the results, but im going to be patient. I would recommend this surgery to anyone who went through what i have 1000%.   If anyone has any questions about the surgery feel free to reply to this or messege me. after this site has helped me so much i feel that i should give back as much as i could.

Ive made it to the other side boys! 

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
Congrats on your surgery! :)

Who was your surgeon?

mortx15

I dont believe ive seen his name on this site before. His Names Doctor Zabel. Hes got an office in Wilmington Delaware. Him annd his staff are some of the nicest people ive ever met...he made me feel very safe and confident throughout the entire process. even my dad liked him which rarely ever happens..so highly recommended so far.

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
Hah, great to hear... I'm glad it all went. How does it feel to be on the other side?!.. I'm going in for my surgery on the 21st... excited and nervous at the same time!

- how's the pain now, if you have any?
- are you able to move, walk around?
- if your a smoker or drinker... did they say anything about smoking or drinking before or after surgery?

mortx15

if feels really great to be on "the other side". like i said i still have some thick wrappings on but even with those i feel flatter.  i was very nervous and anxious before hand but let me tell you theres nothing to worry about.    i dont have any pain, only some uncomfrort when i move my upper body.   the uncomfort can relate closely to what it feels like after a hardcore workout.  if i did 100 pull ups and sit ups, this is probably what it would feel like. im moving and walking just fine in fact i might go to my little brothers basketball game today and i can probably do it without anyone noticing a thing.    im not a smoker...but i looove to drink. i was told not to drink a day before or a day after, so ill probably commense the drinking tomorow or the day after.

so dont be nervous...but keep the exxcitement

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
hey dude congratsssss!

just had surgery about 72 hours ago. Feeling great.
I just can't move my arms up that much. I need to take a shower in a couple of hours though and that's gonna be my 1st challenge.
I'm also going to have to remove the original bandages and put on the Abdonimal Binder i was recommended to use. This may require me to exert effort with my chest muscles so ill see how smoothly that goes

Energy and enthusiasm came back the 2nd day post op. now 3rd day post op, feel alive!

mortx15

congrats to you too man.

i wasnt given anything but the bandages i got on, so im kinda worried about takin em of because i dont wanna put em back on wrong. im goin to see my doctor again on thursday so i might just wait until then to fully take em off. Its gonna be kinda hard stayin clean until then...but hey, its just one weeek.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024