Author Topic: 8 hours Post-Op...  (Read 5822 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Well, it's done and over with!  :D

Surgery was at 11:30am today and had to be at the hospital for 9:00am. I really don't know why they make you wait for so long  ???. So... at 11:30, three Med Assistants prepped me for about 10 minutes or so. Dr. Fielding then came into the operating room, he made some circular marks on my chest with a marker, then took some pics. I then lay down on the Op. table and a plastic mask was put over my face. The Med Assistant said "Good Night", I said "Good Night" and that was all I remember until I woke up in the recovery room.

No pain what so ever :D!  Like many others have said, just a mild discomfort as if you have had a chest workout. That disapated at about 5pm though :).  I was given a prescription for 40 Tylenol 3's, if necessary.

I felt very cold after the Op. I told a nurse and she gave me a pre-warmed blanky. Nice touch! If I recall correctly, someone else on this board mentioned that they felt very cold after their Op. as well.

Lots of drainage however. I've gone through 2 shirts and lots of gauze pads. My recovery nurse gave me a bunch of gauze pads and tape to take home. Which was really nice of her to do. Dr. Fielding, his Med Assistant team and all the recovery nurses were very nice.

Now I am anxious to see the results. Have to go back to St. Joe's nest Tuesday for the follow-up. I hope Dr. Fielding will take off the bandages then, so I can get an idea of what my chest without Gyne looks like :D.

Will post 'After' pics ASAP....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:29:26 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline FB

• Silver Member
Glad to hear all went well Bambu. How many cc's did they remove?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
that a boy bambu.  it's really a simple surgery, isn't it?  simple meaning, not much for you to do.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

FB...   Did not get to talk to the Doc after surgery. I will ask him how much he removed, at the follow-up.

jc...   Yes, very simple. However, Monday and Tuesday I got my self a little worked up about the Op and did not sleep very well on Tuesday night. All for naught.  ::) ::) ::)  Silly me! :-/

Oh well, it's done now!  ;D   [sigh][/sigh]  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 03:22:41 PM by Bambu »

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Congradulations Bambu, I am glad that it's going well for you. I agree that Dr, Fielding and his team are very good. The reults in the end will tell the tale. Like myself, you have waited a long time for this to be gone and now you can look forward to a whole different outlook.
I am actually looking forward to summer this year.
Keep us posted of your results.

all the best........................3timer

Offline Spleen

Congrats!  Rest up and keep us posted as to your progress.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I am actually looking forward to summer this year.

Same here!  ;D

I dreaded the comming of spring and summer as I had to shed the layers of clothing/jackets that concealed my Gyne. I often thought  'How will I ever make it though this summer'. When I was in Junior/Senior High School, I often wore my winter coat well into the spring season. Many kids would say "Dude, aren't you hot wearing a Winter coat?". I was terrified to take it off. When it got way too hot to wear a winter coat, I switched to a denim jacket that I wore all summer long.

I can recall as a small child before the Gyne, I really enjoyed the spring/summer months ( as many people do ).  I use to have a great tan as a kid. I'd run around all summer long wearing just swimming shorts. That stopped when the Gyne grew.  :'( :-/ :'(

Looking forward to getting a bit of a tan after all these years!
:D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:39:20 AM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Congrats!  Rest up and keep us posted as to your progress.

Yes, taking it easy for 2 weeks. Took 2 weeks early vacation time from work.

For sure, I will keep everyone up-to-date on the healing process.
 ;)

Offline downsbs

• Posting Member
Congrats!!!  You sound as if you are extremely happy about the new chest, as you should be.  Where are you located, as far as U.S. or other country?  It seems that the doc is a top notch, if I have to get surgery I would like to know about the good docs.  Congrats.
I got one sweet breast.  Grrrr.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Congrats!!!  You sound as if you are extremely happy about the new chest, as you should be.  Where are you located, as far as U.S. or other country?  It seems that the doc is a top notch, if I have to get surgery I would like to know about the good docs.  Congrats.

Let me know if you would like Dr. Fieldings's addy info.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 08:24:17 AM by Bambu »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hard part's over Bambu.  Wait 1 week and hopefully he'll take the bandages off.  Should be smooth sailing here on in.  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hard part's over Bambu.  Wait 1 week and hopefully he'll take the bandages off.  Should be smooth sailing here on in.  :)

:D :D :D

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
Good for you, Bamboo, as you will be on your way to a tittless, happier you! You will now not worry about looking like your mom, but now you have the new renewed opportunity to get buff and look like Schwarzzeneggar without the titts in your way!

I believe that this surgery is the apogee of all forms of cosmetic surgery! it can only go down from here 8)

how much of that s*** was removed? 8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:14:01 PM by Bubby_the_Tour_G »
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Offline Grandpa Bambu

how much of that s*** was removed? 8)

Not sure right now. Didn't talk to Dr. Fielding Post-Op. However, the next time that I see him, I will for sure ask how much was removed. I'm sure it was quite a lot as the Doc said that I was larger than most.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:42:39 PM by Bambu »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Bambu,  the pictures are very appreaciated. Please...keep updating them.  I'm having surgery soon and I want to see how bad it gets. Thoes pics look pretty messy. Is it like that for everyone??
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 02:21:28 PM by vaio »
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024