Author Topic: 8 hours Post-Op...  (Read 5824 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thoes pics look pretty messy. Is it like that for everyone??

Some PS's use drains to contain the fluid. Dr. Fielding doesn't use drains for his patients. Don't know why. Didn't ask him. It's not too bad actually. The dressing sops up most of the fluid. I wonder if 'FreezerBurnt' had the same amout of drainage.

The Wife and I went to the pharmacy to get some new gauze pads and a new cloth stretch wrap. Changed up the soiled dressing for new when we got home. Feels much better now. ;D

Yes, for sure, I will add new pics when there is something new to share. Hopefully JCF will remove the bandages next Tuesday during the follow-up. Will post a few more pics then.

Good luck with your surgery  ;). It's a cake walk actually!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 03:45:22 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline FB

• Silver Member
Hey Bambu....I had drains in for a short time after surgery (maybe a couple of hours) and that was that.
They just put one gauze on each side and some duct tape. I took it off a couple days later and it was fine....
How long are you planning on keeping that bandage on - I took it off 2 or 3 days after...it was driving me bonkers  :P

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey Bambu....I had drains in for a short time after surgery (maybe a couple of hours) and that was that.
They just put one gauze on each side and some duct tape. I took it off a couple days later and it was fine....
How long are you planning on keeping that bandage on - I took it off 2 or 3 days after...it was driving me bonkers  :P

That's odd. JCF said that he doesn't use drains. Obviously he uses them when needed.

It says in the Post-Op info that the bandage should stay on until the follow-up exam. It's been okay so far. Just a tad itchy at the top front. Had to RE&RE the bottom stretch wrap and some gauze pads though, as it was getting a tad bloodified. If the bandage starts to bother me, I'll rip'er off. :P

Had a little peek today. Looking good!
:D ;D :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024