Author Topic: EKG  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Obviously, most of our patients at the Breast Care Center are women. We do however, have male patients as well. 

Don't get me wrong, we do maintain our patient's confidentiality. I am good friends with a radiology tech who perform ultrasounds and mammograms. She knows my whole story, who I was and who I am. She has assured me that I was not the only man who benefited from a bra ( she also qualified that by saying that I make a better woman 😌). She says that some men come in wearing a bra and some women come in braless. She isn't phased in the least by either one. As a matter of fact, she has done my mammograms when I still presented as a man and now as myself. And yes....I DO proudly wear my bra to my appointments 😁 and  I don't judge other women who don't. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Obviously, most of our patients at the Breast Care Center are women. We do however, have male patients as well.

Don't get me wrong, we do maintain our patient's confidentiality. I am good friends with a radiology tech who perform ultrasounds and mammograms. She knows my whole story, who I was and who I am. She has assured me that I was not the only man who benefited from a bra ( she also qualified that by saying that I make a better woman 😌). She says that some men come in wearing a bra and some women come in braless. She isn't phased in the least by either one. As a matter of fact, she has done my mammograms when I still presented as a man and now as myself. And yes....I DO proudly wear my bra to my appointments 😁 and  I don't judge other women who don't.

♥️Sophie♥️
I have been in for mammograms every year since 1989 (after breast cancer). 
I ''needed' a bra all those years but chose not to wear one until just about two years ago. 
Nothing is ever said one way or the other, and the tech will just do her job. 
I see my GP every 6 months, and he does a breast exam as well. He will just pull my breasts out of the cups and prod & press. Again nothing is ever said. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
That's good to hear, Sophie and Birdie.  I have had many exams and all are very professional.  Lead hookups to several ultra sounds of my male bits.  I only had one rude comment once while in a bed in a hospital hall from some sensitivity deprived staff.  He asked what happened to you? As he walked past not looking at the orders or waiting for an answer.  Just shook his head and walked by.  I was on a bed topless, I wasn't quite as big as I am now, however, I had radiation burns and my hair was falling out from all the treatments.  I thought he was the boob.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I appreciate this conversation.  My GP is aware of my breast growth because I raised the subject with him, but he hasn't suggested a breast exam.  Of course, I'm old enough that I no longer screen for either prostate or colon cancer, so perhaps the breast exam is held the same way.  Fortunately, my health is good so I haven't been in settings where my breast growth would be noted by staff members.  I hope if that day comes that I'll be treated with respect.  We deserve nothing less.

Online Justagirl💃

I am a bit ill, and I fainted yesterday when I transferred chairs. 

They brought me in for a check-up this morning. 

EKG was abnormal, but the same as always. The BP was 160/98 with a pulse of 101. Standing I jumped to a pulse of 127. 

Told I'm most likely dehydrated, and to drink plenty of water. They sent me home. 

The nurse had me remove my bra for the EKG, and left me there 'bare chested' with the exam room door open. She called the physical therapist over to help do the standing BP. The PT walked in and the first thing she said was, "we need to cover their chest first". I'm not doing anything until they have a gown on. 

That was really nice of her. Professional as well!

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Sorry! I hope your feeling a bit better after fluids and some rest.

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I am a bit ill, and I fainted yesterday when I transferred chairs.

They brought me in for a check-up this morning.

EKG was abnormal, but the same as always. The BP was 160/98 with a pulse of 101. Standing I jumped to a pulse of 127.

Told I'm most likely dehydrated, and to drink plenty of water. They sent me home.

The nurse had me remove my bra for the EKG, and left me there 'bare chested' with the exam room door open. She called the physical therapist over to help do the standing BP. The PT walked in and the first thing she said was, "we need to cover their chest first". I'm not doing anything until they have a gown on.

That was really nice of her. Professional as well!
Wow, I hope you feel better after a lot of water.  Dehydration can be scary.  I have had to take my wife to an urgent care twice because she was dehydrated.

only dehydration.
Redfox 🦊

Offline gotgyne

Birdie, I hope you feel better. Dehydration can be very dangerous. My first symptom of it is that my eyesight gets worse. So I know very early that I must drink more water.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline gotgyne

Don't get me wrong, we do maintain our patient's confidentiality. I am good friends with a radiology tech who perform ultrasounds and mammograms. She knows my whole story, who I was and who I am. She has assured me that I was not the only man who benefited from a bra ( she also qualified that by saying that I make a better woman 😌). She says that some men come in wearing a bra and some women come in braless. She isn't phased in the least by either one. As a matter of fact, she has done my mammograms when I still presented as a man and now as myself. And yes....I DO proudly wear my bra to my appointments 😁 and  I don't judge other women who don't.

♥️Sophie♥️
In my case the first ones who suggested that I wear a bra were two salesladies at my orthopedic supplier from which I received my compression stockings/pantyhose for a long time. They told me that they had quite a few male customers who wear bras and that I needn't be embarrassed at all. I asked what kind of men and they said all kinds, men with breasts, TS during their transition and TVs. Some wore breast forms, some didn't. All of them were dealt with respect. Many of the women who wear well fitting bras know how helpful they are and they sympathize openly with men who need to wear them too.
What a difference to a male dermatologist whom I asked about my quite large breasts. He palpated them very shortly and said "no gynecomastia". This "examination" was a joke.
John

Online Justagirl💃

Birdie, I hope you feel better. Dehydration can be very dangerous. My first symptom of it is that my eyesight gets worse. So I know very early that I must drink more water.
They actually realised I had Covid, and the dehydration was a result of that. 
I'm still under quarantine. 

I'm doing great! Thank you 😘

Offline gotgyne

They actually realised I had Covid, and the dehydration was a result of that.
I'm still under quarantine.

I'm doing great! Thank you 😘
I never heard that Covid can cause dehydration. How strange. It's good that you're doing great, which is most important.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I have had countless EKG over the past 5 years and 6 mammograms over the last 8 years.  All were done professionally except one tech at one of my mammograms seemed put off.  The last mammogram I had was about 6 weeks ago followed by an ultrasound.  The mammogram tech thought more support would help me. I had a bruise next to my right nipple and she was concerned about it. I told her I banged myself in the garage (true) and it hurt quite bad when it happened. After my ultrasound, the tech (women in her late 20’s)  came back in after speaking with the doctor and began to give me the results, talk about my bruise (it received much more attention than I was giving it) and then started to explain that I had gynecomastia in a way to soften the blow. I told her I was okay with it and not to worry. She was a bit relieved she did not have to keep speaking.

My doctors (internest and endocrinologist) order the mammograms almost yearly since I have breast cancer in my family, I lost both of my testes, and am on Testosterone for bone density. My internest also does breast exams.   I fill a 38B just fine.

I do not fear the exams and find the professionalism quite nice to be around.  

Offline gotgyne

I get a 24-hour ECG in some days. Does anybody know if I can wear a bra at daytime during this period or if I must go completely braless?

Online Justagirl💃

I get a 24-hour ECG in some days. Does anybody know if I can wear a bra at daytime during this period or if I must go completely braless?
I have had it both ways. Sometimes they ask me to remove my bra, and other times they worked around it. 

Offline gotgyne

Thank you Birdie for your comment. On the net I've read of both possibilities also, but it's always better to ask someone who already had such kinds of ECGs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 01:59:52 PM by gotgyne »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024