Author Topic: 4 Days post op. - intense itching  (Read 5250 times)

Offline Falcon88

Hey everyone,

For the past year or so, I've been lurking these forums to read people who had similar problems as me and to hope to find a solution to gynecomastia. I made the decision to go through surgery, since there's not really anything else that cures this disorder.

Anyway, I am now 4 days post op. The surgery went smooth, minimal to no pains, and my drain removal went very smooth yesterday.

At this point, I am getting very intense itching, pretty much everywhere under my compression garment. This itching is very intense, but I have tolerating it and not scratching or messing with anything. I am supposed to take my first shower tomorrow, and I hope that it relieves the itching. Hell, it could be burning too, but the itching is so intense that I cannot tell the difference at this point. Is this normal? Is this a part of the healing process? If anyone has had any similar experiences with post op. itching, I would like to hear it. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline b166f81

• Posting Member
Yes, I had a lipo-only on 9/10 and went through the "itches" too.  It did subside, as did the bruising.  Still numb and swollen in some places.

Good luck.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
yeah ahh i dont miss the itching.. i found that if u feel the urge to scratch rubbing the area gently stops the itch and probably not as bad.

GynO_DuDe

I dont want to tell you my experience with itching ... but I will any way.

My itching was so intense, but I also beared the pain ...

WHEN I REMOVED THE BANDAGES ... well what can I say ...

My skin peeled off with it! I had so many blisters, and raw red skin like eczema ... my skin reacted badly with the residue on the bandages.

Took over a month of care and it eventually went, I still have a dirty scar from one of the 'deeper' cuts that hasn't faded yet and im 4 months post op.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
It is the normal healing process and dry skin. Use lotion and cortisone creams.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024