Author Topic: Has anyone had surgery by Dr. Lista recently?  (Read 4551 times)

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I'm going to see Dr. Lista this Friday for an initial consultation.  I've heard great things about him as well as Dr. Fielding.  I prefer Dr. Lista's method of surgery without an incision under the nipple (unless it is absolutely necessary at least).  Has anyone had surgery by him lately?  If so, I would love to hear of your experiences good or bad.  Thanks!!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Go for it man. Got surgery with Dr Lista 2 years ago and it was by far the best decision of my life !

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I had the consultation as scheduled, and he was great!  I went with my wife, and he took the time to answer all the questions we both had, and explain the procedure in full.  We booked the surgery for mid January.  I'm pretty excited to get this done, as I'm sure you were at the time as well.  2 years later, would you say you fully pleased with the results?  How long did it take for your swelling to fully subside?  Also, how long did it take for the numb feeling to go away (or do you still have it a little bit)?

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I had actually had to check myself for the numbness ! lol

So, my nipples are recovering their sensitivity because I remember finding the numbness kind of the last time I checked them.

Other than that...I couldn't be happier with the results. I went to an outdoor concert last summer and I can tell you that my chest looks way better than most guys -I admit I'm working it out quite a bit though.

My recovery went beautifully, the swelling took about 6 months to go completely. I'm not sure if it had an effect but I went walking for a couple of hours just 4 days post-op. Maybe I delayed things a little bit there.

My best advice is: *wear your compression vest exactly as instructed*. Ask Dr Lista why. He will also prescribe homeopatic ointment and pills. I have my reservations about these. If you have to, buy them at pharmacy rather than the clinic: it's almost 50% cheaper.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I was surprised that he said I could shower when ever I wanted week after surgery.  Anyone else here I have read about says their doctors do not recommend showering for 1 week after surgery, and DO NOT take the vest off.  Dr. Lista said I can take off the vest (only to shower and wash it), and put it right back on.  Did you take your vest off at all the week after?  I'm thinking I may leave it on anyways just to be safe.  I can wash up with a facecloth, and my wife can help me out with washing my hair, so that's not a problem.  I want to give my body the best possible chance for a favourable outcome.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Nah don't worry, take it off to shower. I took my 1st shower 24h post-op, everything was fine.

Take a good look at your chest at this moment. It is before the swelling starts so it is basically what your end result will look like :)

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Thanks!  That's good to know.  I'm surprised it takes that long for swelling to present itself....I'm excited to finally see what my chest looks like when it's normal. 

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Swelling is caused by the fluids your body generates to start the healing process. It's similar to any other wounds, basically.

Good luck man. This is exciting stuff ! Say hello to Lista's sexy staff for me...;)

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I haven't seen the staff at the surgical clinic yet, only the ones at his office on Scollard St.  Sounds like I'm in for a treat!!  ;D

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
I haven't seen the staff at the surgical clinic yet, only the ones at his office on Scollard St.  Sounds like I'm in for a treat!!  ;D

Last time i was there i do not recall any sexy staff in the operating room or after in the recovery room :).

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Hmmm......guess I'll find out soon enough!  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024