Author Topic: Anyone tried going to work/School on the next day?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Anyone that went to work the day after surgery?
My schedule is realy crap, Im a Uni student and there are these workshops which count towards my marks which I have to attend (1-2 hours). So it might be tricky to schedule a day on which I can have the next day(s) completely off. :-[

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Don't even think about it.  Sorry.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
I guess there is always a first time ;D

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
I dont see what the big deal is most people say they are just sore the next day. Although I havent had the surgery yet.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I guess there is always a first time ;D

As far as pain goes, yes it's only a little sore the next day.  I even posted that in a different thread last week.  I'm not saying the pain is severe.  

What I'm saying is that the effects of the anesthesia, pain medication, and restriction of movement right after surgery will make it difficult for you to do anything but minimal activity.  You may have drains to deal with, too.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think it may set back your recovery.  I'll be the first to say I'm no doctor and I'm just basing this on my own personal experience last week.  Maybe you should run it by your P.S. and get a professional opinion.  Good luck with it.   ;)

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
What bout back to work (deskjob) 2 days later, i.e getting it done Monday 9am want to be back to work 9am thurs???

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
If you are at a half decent uni you should be able to fill out an extenuating circumstances form (or similar), or at least try and have a chat with the relevant lecturer.  

There should be no need/requirement for you to go into detail, just explain that it is a sensitive issue.  Or get an ambiguous doctors note.

Good luck!

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
I had two surgerys. first was lipo only and the second was excision only. I COULD have went to class the next day after the EXCISION surgery but def. NOT after the next day after the LIPO.

Lipo hurt sooooooooo much more
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I vote for at least 4 days and 5 if you can do it. You need to move as little as possible to not tear stitches and reduce swelling. Your body has been through a trauma. Allow for the time to really begin healing. Also if you have drains you really don't want to be working with those in.

I had surgery on Thursday and went back to work on Tues and all I do is sit and talk to people. It was still tough and I did not have that much pain, but I felt like I had been hit by a truck. It was okay but I paced myself.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
Although I have not yet had the surgery, I would agree with Mr_Nip and Merle.  ANY surgery requires a certain amount of recovery time, especially when dealing with surgery as invasive as liposuction.  Listen to the ones who have gone before you.

On a flip note, why is it so imperative to get the surgery done now?  If you're in school, why not wait until Christmas break or even next summer, when classes end?  I fully understand wanting, NEEDING to get it done, but wouldn't it be wiser to wait for when you can devote as much time as possible to healing?

Offline sydboy85

• Posting Member
Hahaha, the nurses were suprised I was really good after the surgery. I was in no pain what so ever (pretty sure the Panadine helped lol) so I "felt" fine.

As for going back to Uni? You've gone through a massive journey with dealing with gyne will the crap associated with it so use the time post surgery to relax knowing that all that stuff is behind ya! :D

BUT! A friend of mine in Year 12 had surgery last Tuesday and was able to go back to school on Thursday...

Talk to your Uni's Counsellor/Student Liaison Officer and they can talk to your lecturers about excusing you from some classes or give you an opportunity to do extra credit stuff. But as Chodel said, a doctors note usually does the trick :)

I fortunately planned my surgery where we have a 2 week break. As Warlord said, why not wait until your timetable clears up (as in when you have break?)

- sydboy85
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:58:03 PM by sydboy85 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024