Author Topic: A question for the post-op people on this board  (Read 7356 times)

Offline hypo

What would be aof great help to people would be if this thread was permanently kept going by the mods.

Stickied perhaps!!!!

And if everyone went back and modifed their posts stating who did their surgery.

Imagine how useful that would be to people coming to the board.

A thread devoted not just to saying whether they had a success or not, but to say what could have been done better, whether the result is better than before, whether the surgeon offers a revision for free if required and who did the surgery.

That would be some resource.

P.S

Graham endocrinology is something always recommended on the board these days so you do not have to worry about the side of gynecomsatia being covered ;)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 04:29:35 AM by hypo »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.

Well why not we just recommend surgery to everyone in here? After all, we can pretty much guess how bad their gyno is, its cause, what they have done so far, their hormone test results,  their location, that they have done enough research, they have money and hell yeah, even that their surgery will be a success! If it worked for us, it WILL work for them too. It's that simple, isn't it?

Where the f*ck did I suggest that this would be a sensible idea? Nowhere. So - what's your point? It had nothing to do with my original, and very valid post.

Graham, I try to be civil - but you're a complete and utter wanker.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 08:57:11 AM by doddy »
etc.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
I am not happy with my results. although it is better than it was, it is still not fixed.
i had excision and lipo. my problem was mainly gland (puffy nipples) along with a little bit of fat. the doc did okay on the lipo (getting all of the fat out), but did not get all of the gland (both nipples are still puffy, but not as puffy as before).

i still do not wear t-shirts unless they are thick and dark, etc. etc.  the idea of going shirtless doesn't really thrill me.

do you mind if i ask who operated on you?

Offline serg

• Silver Member
I'm 99% happy with my results. Yahay!

Offline hypo

Below is typical of Graham’s behavior and logic and a reason why arguing with him is pointless.  

Graham Quote
I haven't had gyno surgery myself, so I cannot honestly talk about the pros of it. However, I am familiar with some cons of surgery that, like you have also pointed out, often go unmentioned. Don't expect me to have bad surgery just to be able to comment on its cons. That would be ridiculous. Why is there double standards between pros and cons?
Unquote

Let’s look at your logical constructions and your clever and malevolent attempt to blur fact and opinion and misrepresent the truth.

Fact: if you have not had surgery you cannot speak subjectively about the pros or the cons of surgery.  

Fact: In terms of speaking objectively, if you can speak using common knowledge of the cons of surgery, you most certainly must also be able to speak using common knowledge of the pros of surgery.

Yet you have said you cannot talk about the pros because you haven’t had surgery- but still having not had surgery can speak of the cons- the logic is deeply flawed and in my view deliberately so.  You have tried to bend the reality, to bastardize logic to suit your own ends.

Your next line is a classic, again deeply flawed and in my view shows your malevolent intent to try and bend reality.

Don’t expect me to have bad surgery just to be able to comment on the cons.

Ok, first of all no one on this site expects you to do anything Graham.  No one is forcing you to get surgery are they Graham  

Your opening gambit in that line is highly emotive and deeply flawed.  

I note the way you say quote ‘don’t expect me to get bad surgery’, not surgery but ‘bad surgery’.  Well given there is a minimum 64% chance of successful surgery (given re-growths form part of the statistics, if you have been checked by an endocrinologist and treated if required this will be an even higher success rate) why would the surgery automatically be bad as opposed to a success    

So landing two completely illogical points, you back that up the latter with a logical point based on the foundations of the illogical, saying quote ‘just to be able to comment on the cons’.

You see, If you base a logical point on an illogical foundation, the logical point actually becomes an illogical one based upon the context that it is set in.

Just to be able to comment on the cons, would be logical if you were to have surgery and it was to turn out bad.

But you are not having surgery are you Graham  you are exercising your prerogative and I might add warped opinion on the only person that you can affect- yourself    

For the purposes of the point, I will continue nevertheless.

If you were to have surgery which you are not, there is absolutely no given whatsoever that it would turn out bad, so you would then not just have to comment on the cons as your polarized view would wish, but you would either have to comment on the pros and the cons or even just the pros if the surgery was in that 64% category.  

I must congratulate you on this artifice of basing a logical point on a flawed position; it is as clever as it is wrong.  

Last of all you use the term ‘bad surgery’, again highly emotive, but how many people have ‘bad surgery’   Statistics aside for one moment, we know that some people are not entirely satisfied with their surgery, some are even plain unhappy about it, but ‘bad surgery’?  The connotations of ‘bad surgery’ are to be butchered a word that has tripped off your tongue on a number of occasions.

Now turning to the statistical, can you go and get the statistics of surgery that goes drastically wrong or results in law suits?

Do it now please Graham, I’ll be here waiting, don't you worry.  

In the meantime I must congratulate you on your use of language;  

you are talented in the use of sophistry, unfortunately it would seem you are not quite talented enough.  
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:08:36 AM by hypo »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.

Doddy,

It's obvious that you are nothing more than a mascot for gyno surgery and have little to no basis for many of your claims. If you plan to continuously rant about how high the success rate for surgery is (when in reality, it isn't that high), please stop before you land the next trusting gyno sufferer into more trouble and despair than he's already in.

Where on earth do you get that from? I think I've recommended surgery about three times in all my posts here. The point is that you said:

"Well why not we just recommend surgery to everyone in here? After all, we can pretty much guess how bad their gyno is, its cause, what they have done so far, their hormone test results,  their location, that they have done enough research, they have money and hell yeah, even that their surgery will be a success! If it worked for us, it WILL work for them too. It's that simple, isn't it?"

when I had not even suggested that, at all. All I said was:

"NOTE TO ANYONE WHO USES THIS THREAD AS "PROOF" THAT THERE ARE A HIGH PROPORTION OF UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS IN COMPARISON TO HAPPY CUSTOMERS:

People who have had successful gyne surgery (and let's face it, there have been loads) are most probably getting on with their lives now, HAPPY with their surgery, NOT posting on this forum."

So please point out where I was suggesting everyone should get surgery like you are claiming. I never EVER said that. I just said that people who have had successful gyne surgery probably don't post here anymore, and so this "survey" will most probably be unfairly favoured in the "unhappy" camp. Please actually read what I've said in the future.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
99% satisfied with my sugery!  :D  Major difference in the 'Before' and 'After'.

D@mn, it feels great to be Gyne free.....   8) ;D 8)

John.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 10:27:19 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Well why not we just recommend surgery to everyone in here? After all, we can pretty much guess how bad their gyno is, its cause, what they have done so far, their hormone test results,  their location, that they have done enough research, they have money and hell yeah, even that their surgery will be a success! If it worked for us, it WILL work for them too. It's that simple, isn't it?

Negative waves man, so many negative waves....  :-/

John.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 10:31:04 AM by Bambu »

Offline serg

• Silver Member
99% satisfied with my sugery!  :D  Major difference in the 'Before' and 'After'.

D@mn, it feels great to be Gyne free.....   8) ;D 8)

John.

Nice to see some positivity here!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline hypo

I think it is just good to hear the reality both good and bad as opposed to the misrepresentation of the reality from someone with a negative agenda.

Offline hypo

Graham Quote
what is there that is so postivie about surgery to comment on? As far as I can tell, the 'pro' of surgery (and only one comes to mind), is that you are cured of gyno i.e. have a normal-looking chest - at best
Unquote

??? ::) :o :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :-*
::)

I went through the whole gamut of emotions there Graham bemusement shock, the cracks of a smile as what you have just said dawned and then full out laughter.  Followed by a final somebody has to love you :-*

You're hilarious, I'll let others discuss and explain this 'MINOR' advantage ;) with you.

I think if you were to call it a minor advantage to most people who are suffering with gynecomastia and they were in the same room as you your safety would be in question.

I'm through talking with you on this at least for now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 05:00:16 PM by hypo »

Offline hypo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024