Author Topic: Surgery with Dr Benito - 14th November - Now with Before & After Photos!  (Read 16982 times)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Barcelona was indeed great I had a small communication error with one of my male nurses who (I thought) told me I could walk around the day after surgery.

With that in mind I went on a bus tour of the city with my wife (picks up just up the road on diagonal) to arrive back to several very angry nurses because I should have stayed in my room all day.

Had to cancel my dinner reservations that night and eat the hospital food.

Dr Benito was very nice and only mentioned it once

Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline remmy

Does anyone who has had the op noticed any loss of nipple sensitivity?  I am talking about possible nerve damage to the nipple itself.

Thanks.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Sensation definatly returns my right side was numb and now isn't but my left si still numb (and swollen) so I'm confident it will return to some degree

Offline remmy

Thanks for the feedback. As long as its not a permanent loss of sensation thats a good result. This doctor is definately worth talking to.

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Hi there everyone.  Apologies, I've been a bit lapse in updating my thread.  Anyway, here's my photos.

Pre:-

Just After Surgery:-

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Now, about 4 Months (sorry about the size, having trouble editing on photobucket  >:():-

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Very happy with results, it's not perfect but it is very good.  The problem is that the nipples are still slightly stuck to the muscle at the bottom, so the skin doesn't quite sit right over my pecks, especially when I fleck my chest muscles/pull my shoulders forward. 

Still, that's just the luck of healing really.  Perhaps, I should have massaged a lot more in the initial few weeks.  However, that's just nit picking.  It is flat, it feels like a man's chest and it looks sooo much better when I'm wearing t-shirts/shirts/tight jumpers  ;D 

However, I may be able to have a little further work done to pull the nipples away.  Dr Benito said that this would be fairly straight forward, wouldn't require the operating room, and so would mean additional expense for me.  Would just need to get myself out to Barcelona again.

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Well, I haven't been on here for a few months now.  Just thought I'd quickly give you all an update.  Nothing much has changed really since about 2 months post-op.  The most obvious change is that the incision scars have faded slightly.  Still, I'm sure the internal scars are settling down also.  Sit very happy with the results.  I was a little concerned that my right nipple was creased but that seems to have improved and, although it's still not 100% perfect, it's hardly noticable.  There is still a very small area of scar tissue/fragments of gland around that nipple. 

So, now I just need to start working out regularly and tone up (like I intended to do post-op but never got around to it!).  A little discipline in needed and I'll look great  ;D

I'm not sure if the surgery has radically changed my life (being that the change is an absence, it's easily forgotten)  but it's so good not to have it worrying me every day.  I can wear what I like and not worry that I look as if I've got boobs!!  Plus, when I put on weight it doesn't    increase my bust!  ;D

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Yeah, I let myself go a bit after the op actually.

It's funny, I always used to be mindful of my weight before the op, as any increase on my slim frame would just make my gyno worse.  Now , while I'm still slim, I have got a little extra padding  ;D  I had better muscles last year though and I'd like to get those back!  Shame it takkes actual exercise to do it though  :-\

irish lad

just seen them bob.. looks great i would be over the moon with a result like that..glad it worked out for you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024