Author Topic: Scar reduction tips?  (Read 1530 times)

Offline canadianmoobs123

• Bronze Member
Hey, I've just had a gyne surgery yesterday. My case was pretty severe, so likewhise the surgery also required a different procedure(A subcutaneous masectomy I believe). Now, the results look  awesome, but since it was an extensive procedure there was a fair bit of scarring. Any tips for NON-SURGICAL scar REDUCTION? If not, any excuses if someone notices the scars(heart surgery won't work since the scars are on both side of my chest). Thanks

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
I will have the same problem as you in a few weeks.  I also have an extreme case and getting the mastectomy with nipple graft.  I figure I will just be some what truthful, and say I used to be way fatter and lost weight but had extra skin that wouldn't go away. That way its not quite as embarrassing to admit, seeing as all fat guys develop boobs.  It might not be the 100% truth but it will satisfy their curiosity and not be so embarrassing to you. I dont know if you rreally did lose any weight, but a little white lie wont hurt too bad. 

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Once your incisions will be completely healed you could use silicone gel sheeting. The silicone helps soften and lighten the color and appearance of the scars.
Ask your surgeon about it and I am sure he will be able to recommend some brand/product.

Scars do fade over time and if you have hairs on your chest this will also help concealing them.

Good luck with your recovery!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Scars do fade over time -- sometimes remarkably so -- but it is very individual.  How one's scars heal is not controllable by either the patient or the surgeon.

There are a number of treatments that may be helpful to minimize the scars--but these should be discussed with your surgeon as he will be more knowledgeable about your case.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024