Author Topic: 800 British pounds for a little extra lypo  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone.. Due to having a little extra fat under my armpit I was told that it is separate from the gyno issue and I will have to pay extra to get this part flat. The extra lypo would also mean two extra little incisions. Has anyone out there got fat from there gyno joining the fat under the armpits? Axelle area is the correct name I think.

Cheers

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Whenever I examine a patient for gyne, I always look at the entire chest, which includes the sides of the chest as well as the axillae (armpits).  To me, evaluating the entire chest is important -- it doesn't make sense to remove the gyne and leave residual bulges on the sides of the chest or in the armpits.

Obviously, more surgery will require additional fees -- which will be decided upon by your surgeon.  And access incisions to do any additional areas may be needed -- but usually they are small and placed in inconspicuous areas.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I also have to pay extra for some lipo,  fortunately in my case, my surgeon can access and perform the lipo through the same incision where he removes the gland. 
I can't yet speak from experience but I would say it's worth it to pay the extra money and get it right the first time.
Best of luck!

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Ok... In that case the extra pounds will have to be paid. That's for the responses.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024