Author Topic: Language on Forum Sections  (Read 799 times)

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
I feel I’ve been posting a bit and apologies if bothersome but just thought I’d ask if anyone else noticed the language descriptions in Gynecomastia and Acceptance? I never really paid attention to the little details there but today just caught my attention and kind of made me laugh in a well, guess the site designers knew lol
In Gynecomastia Talk down it seems to be focused on calling it gynecomastia as it traditionally is, and notes sufferers and just basic language very ho hum. 
And in Acceptance down, it mentions words like celebrate, breasts, enhancing natural assets, and come to love. I feel the language could be similar just more positive driven in acceptance but instead it seems to be more driven to recognizing things not as gynecomastia or male breasts but simply just breasts and where it would make sense to note bras but instead of what may be what men want which seems to hide them they mention enhancement and assets like women would think of theirs. 

Idk maybe the coffee is too strong today but just kind of laughed today thinking it’s in the details that those who accept their gynecomastia probably will come to accept it as a woman would and that’s to refer to them as breasts, and be more interested in supporting them that may enhance them rather than pin them down to hide them. 

Offline Johndoe1

I personally find it very refreshing to find a place that accepts our chests for what they are. My chest is no different than anyone with XX chromosomes. Why should we be treated differently just because our genitals are external instead of internal? That doesn't change our breast tissue. Why should we be made to feel bad about something we had no say in?

The doctor who owns the site could make it only for those who want mastectomies. He doesn't. He leaves us alone, as long as we behave ourselves, and I think we have done well. I have lost the fear to talk about my developed breasts because of this site and meeting others experienceing the same things doesn't make me feel ostracized as some freak. Talking about them in the frank and honest way we do is the same as any generic woman does. Why? Because we are the same in our breasts and desires for our breasts. It's only natural. 

I am glad this part of the site doesn't treat gynecomastia as a disease or ailment but as something to be celebrated. I feel whole being able to say what I feel not having to hid. I celebrate my chest, just as any woman.  And why not?
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Alfaqv

• Posting Member
I totally agree, thus site has given me so much confidence that I am not alone and it's great to know that there are people of all genders out there who accept my breasts, perhaps even like them and see me as a valid human being. Nature has made us this way and let's all celebrate this.
Always wanted to fill a bra and now mother nature has granted my wish.

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
John I absolutely couldn’t agree more and just love the attitude and response there. 

There’s been moments where I felt the site had taken a bit of a turn for a moment in conversations shared that felt more fetish than fantastic but over time as I accepted my bustline it was apparent that’s not the case at all. Just people sharing their joy and celebration of their breasts. And am glad the forum has been given a bit of leniency in things. And has made it aware that accepting your gynecomastia can lend itself to celebration of what has grown and considering them as assets not something to be ashamed by 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
I also love the freedom we have to voice our opinions and acceptance.  I was checked two years ago and was told have pseudo.  I have gone through a lot of hormone changes since then.  Now I may or may not have true gyno but if I do I am OK with it.  I am ok because of reading all the stories and acceptance all of you have here.  I no longer fear getting true gyno.
Redfox 🦊

Offline taxmapper

Its not just language, but a certain level of openness that is transcending into everyday life. 

When i first got here i was completely male in through and through with the boobs, but with hidden aspects.  

Those aspects are now coming out more and thus showing themselves for what they truly are. 

The language comes along for the ride. 

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Very true. When I got here I was an active opponent of anything outside of just a standard bra for necessity not option is this that and the other and this forum should be men who are men not men who are something outside the social norm definition. 

That has changed dramatically.

Offline Evolver

The other thing I've noticed on this side of the forum is the sheer volume of posts. I'm writing today for the first time in a week and there have been 100+posts made while I was out of the room! That's way more than the old days and I've got no hope of catching up, lol! Sure, there are quiet periods sometimes, but that happens elsewhere too.

The way that the Acceptance section has evolved over the past couple of years has been spoken about before, but it really is a wonderful thing. I love it.

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Very true. There are some moments I take a week or so off to be offline and just detach from internet anything for a little bit. And come back here and some times it’s easy to catch up and other times it’s I don’t even know where to contribute cause I’m so far behind on any of the discussions going on lol. 
It is nice how it has evolved. When I joined it was pretty dull and topics were rinse and repeated and it was fine cause same topics new thoughts sort of thing. But it is nice to see how things have taken to different directions. 

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I have also been off from posting and writing PMs back to my friends here. It was just a little break for me. I have enjoyed reading the updates and the PMs that I have received and I will reply very soon. Thank you so much for your patience with me. I've been a busy girl lately with work and working on our home ( mostly fresh paint).

I remember when I started here about 12 years ago. It was alot different. It was mostly men posting about the fact that they HAD to wear a bra. I also felt that I HAD to wear a bra. However, I also WANTED to wear a bra. I remember explaining that it wasn't only for the support that I had worn a bra since puberty. I also wore my bras for the shape, comfort and modesty that a bra provides me every single day. 

I also confessed to the fact that I had also worn panties exclusively since I was sixteen years old. I preferred them and also preferred the fit. I had also shared the fact that women's clothing fit better. At the time, I was still presenting as male but looking androgynous while wearing women's slacks and jeans and blouses and other tops that came from women's clothing stores and departments. 

I was scared to death to share the fact that I had made the decision to live as Sophie, my true self. A few of you knew my secret and kept it safe until I was ready to share it here and supported me throughout all of my transition. Everyone here has been incredibly supportive and kind ❤️. 

I am so pleased that so many of you have accepted yourselves and you bodies and dress as you need and want to. Breasts really are a blessing and I am so happy that there are so many here that have accepted the lady lumps that they have been given ❤️. 

Your sister,
❤️Sophie❤️

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Painting sucks lol. Fun in the kitchen on a canvas. Horrible on the walls and outdoor areas lol. Especially if having to peel old paint off and sand and ugh lol. Recently did a porch and was just absolutely great (immense sarcasm)

Welcome back from your break! 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Sophie, you have been a big supportive part of this forum.  I am glad you trusted us enough to let us know you transitioned over.  I look forward to reading your posts.  Stay true to yourself my friend.

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
And thank you for doing so 

Offline blad

I remember when I started here about 12 years ago. It was alot different. It was mostly men posting about the fact that they HAD to wear a bra. I also felt that I HAD to wear a bra. However, I also WANTED to wear a bra. I remember explaining that it wasn't only for the support that I had worn a bra since puberty. I also wore my bras for the shape, comfort and modesty that a bra provides me every single day.

Your sister,
❤️Sophie❤️
Developing breasts in my early teens seamed like a total disaster. But oddly after curiosity lead me to trying a bra in those early years a realized a few things; I did fit a bra, it felt more comfortable to wear a bra, and I un expectantly liked wearing a bra and felt better about my breasts when I did wear a bra. Confusing times as a teen, but to this day I feel better about my breasts with wearing a bra.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Online Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
I always envied those who developed their assets early on. Always felt it was worth the handicaps growing up with them knowing whoever whenever later on would become accustomed to thats how so and so has always been in the chest. And girlfriends, wives, kids, etc would be acclimated to that’s just how my bf husband dad is. 
Developing at 32 had always made me insecure and uncomfortable thinking what is my wife going to think if these things grow more. What is she going to think if she finds my bras as I began wearing them more often or see my bra marks on my shoulders and such. 
As my breasts grew a little more in recent months I began just forgetting about it all. 
This forum has been so so so good in helping me and others see their breasts as things to enjoy embrace and be proud of. 
I am so happy I have breasts and would never in my life think of ever opting for surgery and such to remove them. And without this forum I have no doubt I’d be 7k in debt due to surgery rather 150 or so in expenses easily affordable in the bras I’ve bought to support my breasts at this stage 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024