Author Topic: Dr. Kerluke?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
I saw my GP yesterday, and asked him more about the surgery etc, since I have seen a number of people for consults here in BC. He said some interesting things, including that he thought any plastic surgeon who he feels is competant could do the surgery well. He also said someone doing it 5 - 10 times a year could do as good a job as someone doing 150 times a year, as long as they were knowledgable about the procedure.He went onto say he thought it was stupid that the medical plan will cover exision but not lipo, since once you get excision, lipo is completely neccessary or you will not look right at all. He is referring me for another consult, this time in North Van, to a Dr. Kerluke. Anyone been to see him?

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member
Thats interesting that the BC med plan will cover at least the excision.
I wonder what the quebec plan could do...
I totally would be into only having to pay for lipo.
anyone know what could be covered under the quebec plan.
I have an appointment on March 13 to see a surgeon, I ll make sure to tell him it hurts alot to see what he can work out for me.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
the Quebec plan doesnt cover anything except hospital fees (if you have surgery at the hospital compared to a private clinic) whereas all other provinces cover excision as well as consultations.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member
the Quebec plan doesnt cover anything except hospital fees (if you have surgery at the hospital compared to a private clinic) whereas all other provinces cover excision as well as consultations.

I wonder if Great West Insurance has any history of covering excision. I pay enough for this. I would hope it would cover something.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well... for that, you will have to be very good. i read about a lot of people who tried to get it covered by their insurance without much success. the only two successes that i was aware of arrived after about 2-3 years of battle with the insurance company, appointment with psychologists and so on.

really painful procedure for the 800-1500 $ you might save. but then again it all depends of your situation and your insurance company. you might be lucky.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024