Author Topic: will insurance help at all if I tell them this is causing psycological problems?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
if I explain to them the effects it's having on my conscience such as constantly stressing or worrying about my chest being seen through my shirt, or the fact that almost 100% of the time I'm not in my own home, I'm always constantly thinking about it and it gets me down?

Not to mention I've asked doctors about this when I was younger and they kept telling me to wait because it could eventually go away, when it fact it's causing more problems by the day.

Offline rammy1394

• Posting Member
i got mine done on the NHS the only way i got it cause i had to lay it on thick as in i was deppressed and i felt like my life isnt worth living anymore basically and within 5 to 6 month im out of the hospital 6 days post op and over the moon with the results.

wommen get tummy tucks and breast reduction done on the nhs we are no different.

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Alright thank you man, do I have to speak to my doctor about the mental damage it's doing? Or my insurance?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Stressing the Psychological effects can work sometimes, But often not. It depends upon the precise language of your policy.

The odds of willing out in such a case also can be highly variable depending on where you are.

If your medical coverage allows you to self refer, Simply go to an approved Psychologist. Otherwise, you may need a referral from your primary care Dr.

The best course of action is to start saving while you figure out just what you can and will do.

The old adage of: "Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst." Definitely applies here.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Well to be honest if my insurance won't cover it then I'm going to take out a loan.....I'm turning 19 in November and I have been plagued with this through some of my most important years already, and I want to enjoy my early 20's and this nipple problem is the only thing holding me back. I have a nice figure, just cut down to like 12% bodyfat or so from being 25%bf....6'4" and 190lbs right now, been putting on muscle this last month and am going to continue to while I wait to get my operation done. I figure I already have to hide my problem now, might as well add muscle onto my body instead of wasting time and doing nothing with my body....that way I will get a nice product once my surgery comes along.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sometimes the legal fight with the insurance company could cost nearly as much as the surgery.

Anyone who could qualify for a credit card could also qualify for a loan to cover the surgical costs as well and get a loan for that purpose at a much more favorable rate than the credit cards charge. Often, the surgeons office can help arrainge financing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024