Author Topic: Any info on Letrozole? I've heard from body builders is can get rid of Gyno.  (Read 7990 times)

illuzionz23

Any info on Letrozole? I've heard from body builders is can get rid of Gyno.
Any info on this?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It will not get rid of Gynecomastia.

The body seems to have a set limit for testosterone. When that limit is exceeded the body converts the excess into Estrogen. Letrozole, and drugs like it, are used to prevent this conversion and prevent Gynecomastia. Once the growth of the breast is established these drugs will be of no benefit.

My personal belief is that trying to adjust your own reproductive physiology is probably less safe than playing with blasting caps.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
Letrozole, which is a SERM, and aromatase inhibitors will only work when gyno is new and not yet solidified as a hard lump. Bodybuilders use these drugs because of the rapid growth from use of steroids, and the short term of their gyno. Natural gyno is really only corrected by surgery, as the lump has been around too long and has now become fibrous.

I have gyno from puberty and I have tried months of drugs, pramipexole, letrozole, exemestane, and they all have not worked.
Surgery is the only true option.

Best of luck

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
As paw paw said it will not get rid of gyno, it can stop gyne from spreading and can reverse the gyno brought of AAS use (since it occurred in short period of time) but wont get rid of the gyno that you seen on this site

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Idlewild and paa_paw have it right.

Once tissue is established, no drug will make it vanish.  It is only during the active growth phase that drug therapy may be of help.  

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Unfortunately there is no medication available to get rid of the gland once it's been formed. Be wary of unscrupulous salesman who are trying to sell you a product that doesn't work.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline iwannabefree

• Bronze Member
man...i was such an idiot not to have gone into denial about my gyne during my early teens when it was developing. if i had involved my parents and a doctor - may we could have arrested the development.

instead i became fat - thinking it would make the appearance less obvious. little did i know, i was just raising my estrogen levels through fat and making the breasts even bigger.

i would encouarge all young members to take all measures possible to halt the breast growth until the tissue is firmly established. kid, get your parents involved. short term pain --- but lifelong gain.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Is there any certain time period to KNOW when tissue has become "established" or too fibrotic to be treated?  In other words, in the early, active stages of gyne, a lump or mass will be felt.  That is the growing tissue.  But if it is in the early stages, an aromatase inhibitor or a drug like Tamoxifen could prove beneficial and reduce or eliminate the lump.  So just because the lump is there does not automatically mean it is too late for an AI to work.  As I understand it, it has more to do with how long the lump has been there and whether fibrosis has set in.  A lump does not automatically mean fibrosis.  

Is there a "rule of thumb" time period that doctors go by for determining when the tissue is too far gone for the AI meds to be effective, or WHEN the tissue will typically become too fibrotic for the drugs to work?  I've heard one year, but don't know how accurate it is or if that's always the case.  I've also heard that pain typically occurs with gyne in the early stages, and that as long as it is still in the tender/painful stage, it is probably still in an "active" state.  And if it is in an "active" state, the drugs could be beneficial.  Again, no idea on the accuracy of that.  

Offline Juggernaut

• Posting Member
Letro is an Aromatize inhibitor, not a SERM as was mentioned in a previous post.

Letro is about the strongest AI you can use. It can reverse gyno if it is fresh, like if it has recently popped up using steroids. Don't expect it to remove gyno if you have had it for a while.

I ran it for about 3 months and it did nothing except dry out my joints. It also wreaks havoc on you blood lipids.

After I ran the letro and it did nothing, I realized that it was time to just give in and get surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024