Author Topic: Can't wait for the summer to end  (Read 4668 times)

Offline hypo

It has been very hot almost every single day this summer in the UK and when you can only hide your gynecomastia in large fleece tops (very obvious in t-shirts and shirts) that can only mean one thing.

Being miserable, wearing the fleece anyway whenever out doors, looking like a lunatic and sweating profusely.

Mostly it means staying in doors, four walls and no place to go.

Roll on Autumn- please roll on Autumn :-[

« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:01:53 AM by hypo »

Offline n0thingsp3cial

• Posting Member
  • puberty was a b*tch..
I hear ya, I used to feel the same way about summer, while everone was looking forward to it in the winter I was dreading it.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Threads like this really do highlight the wonders of surgery (with a very good surgeon, realistic expectations etc etc).

I've just come in from a BBQ where I felt totally normal in shorts and a thin t-shirt.
etc.

Offline dash

I've been wearing vests for a long time and it's HOT outside here too.

I just got a compression spandex t-shirt and it's GREAT.   (it itches a little) but now I can go outside with a regular T-Shirt on over it and it's so thin that it's very cool.    I am impressed.

Maybe you should try it out!

It's a subsitute for me until I can afford surgery.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 08:09:40 AM by dash »
It's bizarre how you suffer alone and nobody knows but you.    But you really aren't alone!   Thank God for the Internet and this place!

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
Going outside in a simple T-shirt is no longer an option for me. I cant go anywhere public without a little windbreaker jacket or hooded sweatshirt. People think I'm crazy. It will be 100 degree's and I'll still dress heavy.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I can relate, man.  Btw, I'm glad to see your face around here a bit more.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Here in my country its summer all year long and you know people wear thin clothing all the time. We also got great beaches and city folk go to the beach once or twice a year. What im trying to point out is that this is one of the worst place to have gyne because you can't wear anything thicker than a shirt.

I once envied those dudes who swim shirtless on the beach and I am always among the few who goes swimming with a shirt on - what a freak.  Gyne has kept me from enjoying the beautiful beaches in my country. Not anymore! I had my gyne removed and I am looking forward to going to the beach shirtless. ;D
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
when i lived in michigan, my favorite time of year would be the fall because that meant 7 month until summer.  

now i live in the heat, heat, heat 12 months a year.  physically, my gyne has not changed, but my attitude towards it has.  

I was forced to change my attitude, if it didn't, i'd go nuts in this heat.

I didn't have much of a choice.  now I go to the water park about once a week. granted, i spend most of my time in the water and when I'm out, i usually have a towel draped over my shoulders, but at least i'm at the pool.  for me, that's a huge accomplishment.

Especially when you consider that every step I take, my chest bounces quite a bit.  I never really got picked on.  for some reason, i was always considered a "tough" kid but i've heard several guys talking behind my back.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 05:17:27 AM by jc71 »

Offline hypo

Pheeeew :-[

This is one of the hottest summers I can recall in the UK, hotter than anything at least for ten years or so.

I am having surgery at the end of September when it will be much cooler and the irony of the timing is not lost on me :-/ as I sit next to my fan in-doors yet again.

That said....

You're right Kevin

Great!!! by the way to hear how you feel unburdened Kevin now the gynecomastia has gone :D

Doddy, the same sentiments, nice to hear, I particularly liked one part of what you said.

felt totally normal
Unquote

I think that is all any of us is looking for, really nice to hear your success :D

At least come 'the fall' (as I believe the Americans call it) the weather here will cool and those with gynecomastia in the UK can wear thick clothing without a problem.  Of course it must be must tougher in your country and many others like it.

It must be very tough on many of the guys from the states as well who live in places like Arizona, Florida, LA etc

This must be affecting so many of us right now;

Like I say roll on Autumn!!!

P.S

Cheers Nukem.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I use to think the exact same way... but now I am almost 3 weeks post-op, and am hoping the summer lasts extra long this time...

I am almost completely healed, and hope I will be able to enjoy some time on the basketball court with a tank top on before the summer is over... but time is running out...

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Glad to hear you are having surgery Hypo! Good Luck!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Right now in Toronto, our heatwave is breaking records in the city.  It's suppose to last for the rest of the week and my surgery is tomorrow.  Keep in mind that I'll be wearing bandages for a few weeks after the surgery.  I will advise people getting this surgery to get it done in the fall, winter or early spring.  Stupid me.  I just want it out of me so bad that I booked it right away.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Right now in Toronto, our heatwave is breaking records in the city.  It's suppose to last for the rest of the week and my surgery is tomorrow.  Keep in mind that I'll be wearing bandages for a few weeks after the surgery.  I will advise people getting this surgery to get it done in the fall, winter or early spring.  Stupid me.  I just want it out of me so bad that I booked it right away.

Might as well get it done when you feel is best...
Sooner the better in my opinion...
My pre-op consult with Fielding is next Monday18th.
So I'd really like to know your experience with him Blitz..
Keep us up to date on your status, and best of luck tomorow!!  ;)

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Good luck with Fielding tomorrow.  I have my consultation with him August 26th and will try to book for next February during my spring break/in the middle/end of winter.

Let us know how it goes....

Offline Tiverty_A

• Posting Member
  • Star Trek...world where stuff like gyne is no more
at the summer camp i work at the kids swim everyday and the JCs(jounior counslers) are sometimes required to swim with them.  The first time i had to i felt uneasy and did not take off my shirt but i knew that i was working with little kids this week (4-5 year olds) and i am not in school where people tease you i am with co-workers who i assume do not tease you and i took off my shirt(i do not know if i have gyne but i am sensetive about my weight and if i dont have it how my fat makes my chests large) it felt so good taking off my shirt it has been so long since i had done that in a pool!
I have gyne that is caused by Fat not the gland, but it is still hard with my life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024