Author Topic: PLEASE HELP: GYNO AND MARIJUANA  (Read 1946 times)

Offline lakersfan12901

So im 14 and ive been smoking for about  years. i guess you could say im a regular user. prob 4-5 times a week sometimes more sometimes less. and i developed huge puffy nipples about 7 months ago. Maybe 3 months after that my left one went back to normal. and my right one got worse. now theres a tender soft bump under it. the size of the whole nipple. do you think this was caused from smoking? and if so if i stop do you think it will go away? how long do you think it would take to disapear?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Everything is rather iffy. There are no solid answers.

There is arguement about the role that marijuana plays in the development of Gynecomastia. Some people to be unaffected while it seems to be a problem for others. Statistically, there is a higher incidence of Gynecomastia among marijuana users than among non-users.

When Gynecomastia is caused as a side effect to a drug, withdrawing the drug may allow the condition to resolve without problem over time; but it could be a long time.

One of the problems with Marijuana is that the active chemicals are oils and they are stored in the fat cells. This means that the drug remains in the body for a much longer time than drugs that are water soluble.

The only thing you can do is discontinue the Marijuana and wait to see what happens.

If your condition remains stabilized for a couple of years, then the only way to get rid of it is surgery.
Grandpa Dan

DeeDubStyle619

Id say marijuana had nothing to do with your gyne. You are 14 and your body is going through massive changes. I developed puffy nipples when I was 13, didnt start smoking til I was 15. Marijuana had no affect towards my gyne whether or not I quit usage.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Marijuana actually does raise the Estrogen level. In this way it might support the Gynecomastia when it would have otherwise regressed. So it could be argued that while it did not cause the Gynecomastia, it might be the reason you still have it.

This is not a matter I am willing to argue yet again, We have been over this same material many times in the past.

Simply put, Gynecomastia is more common among Marijuana users than among non-users. We are not all that sure why, but the statistics are real.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024