Author Topic: Please please please help  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Luke1

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone
I need some advice urgently. I have lived with gyecomastia for many years but recently decided to go for it and just get the surgery even though money is quite thight at the moment. I am from ireland and the surgery here is very expensive here, as a result i decided to go to Poland to have the surgery. I found a surgeon who quoted 1500euro so i decided to go for it. When i got to Poland though he said that i would just be having liposuction and not excision as it is not possible to do them both in one day. I was really disappointed about this as i had travelled all that way to hear this, so i decided to go ahead with the surgery. Now two months on i am really disappointed with the results. While my chest has absolutly no fat, i still have protruding nipples due to the glands beneath.

My question is what should i do now?? I really cant afford to go to a whole new surgeon as they will probably quote me 2000euro that i cant afford now and i really doubt the surgeon who done it is going to listen to my complaints.

Does anyone know a surgeon in eastern europe who would do excision for really cheap price- i seriously cant handle gynecomastia anymore but am stone broke!!!

Please give me some hints tips   

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Unfortunately, your story reflects the problem of traveling elsewhere for surgery.  What may seem to be inexpensive may turn out not to be true if you don't get a good result.  And you have very little recourse.  It is absolutely untrue that lipo and excision cannot be done at the same time -- it is done together all the time by virtually every surgeon in the world!!!

I think your options are very limited but you might try to communicate with your surgeon and tell him that his operation was incomplete and that excision might be required.  If he is ethical, he might agree to perform additional surgery but you will probably have to pay something.

As for trying to find another surgeon to fix things cheaply, that too will not work.  If anything, doing secondary surgery is even more difficult due to the scarring from the original operation.  Do not expect a new surgeon to reduce his fee because he will be cleaning up after the first surgeon -- in fact, in may be quite the opposite.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024