Author Topic: Body hair  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many of the Photos on the site show little or no hair on the torso. I am curious as to whether most men are shaving, waxing, or otherwise removing the hair or if they in fact have little or no hair on their torso.
Grandpa Dan

Offline bennett11

• Posting Member
For older men particularly that have gyne due to low testosterone, loss of body hair is to be expected.  I am older with gyne due to lupron therapy  which has caused the testicles to shrink and cease production of testosterone.   This has resulted among other things the general loss of body hair.

hammer

I had enough chest and back hair to comb and style, but when I loss the testicles that also was lost as well as my armpit hair! I'm surprised however, my facial hair still grows, slow, but I still have a full beard. It is a very white beard now. I keep the beard so I look more like the bearded lady with big boobs then a fat ugly lady!

TomJones

I've been like the Sahara desert all my life. Couple of oasis here and there on my chest.

Offline bennett11

• Posting Member
I had enough chest and back hair to comb and style, but when I loss the testicles that also was lost as well as my armpit hair! I'm surprised however, my facial hair still grows, slow, but I still have a full beard. It is a very white beard now. I keep the beard so I look more like the bearded lady with big boobs then a fat ugly lady!

Adult males who become castrates typically  lose body hair but not facial hair or pubic hair.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In my own case, I have a lot of grey hair on my torso, light hair on the arms and none on the legs. Facial hair still growing but almost totally white. Some grey hair, but mostly bald.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I shave my torso and have more than enough hair in most places except where things went neuropathic slick; my lower legs, and blotches here and there.  My back is blotchy furry and my arms and upper legs hair are light brown. Hair that has come back is blond. My beard was always mixed color; brown, red, blond, but now it is white predominating.  I also had patches of RSD which changed the skin color and texture and the hair in the area.  Those have at last returned to normal, more or less.  I grow lots of hair except in the slick areas of body where it died off and on my head in a male pattern balding.

For years I couldn't shave as my face and neck skin reacted badly.   Now my skin is much better.  I got terrible rashes on my neck and face from shaving for years.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:15:41 PM by Alchemist »

Offline hairvolume

Happy Your skin is better how long did it take exactly to fade??
Yavar
https://www.volumeproducts.com/

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
I started losing body hair about 8 years ago. Now my chest and under arms are hairless. My legs have just one here and there and my back has a few. The hair on my head is thinning and soft as baby hair. Pubic is soft and thin and will grow 4" long if untrimmed. Beard is still there. 70 years old now.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Happy Your skin is better how long did it take exactly to fade??
Yavar
https://www.volumeproducts.com/

My skin repaired and healed as I got the nutrition right and titrated l-methylfolate to 30mg/day.  The whole process of learning the correct combinations and amounts has taken 13 years so far, but my skin has been well on the way by 6 years ago.

aboywithgirls

I have never had more than 3 hairs on my chest  (literally ). All three are located directly between my breasts.  I'm happy not having any. 

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I have never had more than 3 hairs on my chest  (literally ). All three are located directly between my breasts.  I'm happy not having any.

You sound lucky to me.  Having those curly hairs all over my body itches terribly when I don't shave it.  Shaved, I get a week of relief from itching each time.  While to be smooth I need to shave daily, for itch prevention, once a week for chest and each 3 days for my face.  I haven't talked to anybody else who admits to using body shaving as itch prevention.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I tried body shaving in summer thinking it would help me to be cooler.  It does not work for me.  The itch problem of re-growing hair will stop after a couple of weeks as the hair gets longer and more pliant.
It just seems to me that, for a person with a significant amount of hair on their chest, Hair removal makes the torso appear more feminine. That is magnified if the person has Gynecomastia.
The hair on my chest reaches to about 3 inches when pulled taut, but is curly enough to make a mat that is much shorter. 

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
I developed gynecomastia in early puberty which mostly went away after a couple of years.  About that same time I also started developing typical puberty characteristics of hair.  I have always been a fairly hairy person; arms and legs were hairy early on.  I didn’t think too much about body hair until one day we were playing shirts and skins basketball in 8th grade PE.  I was mostly distressed about being one of the skins because of the gynecomastia.  The girl’s PE class walked by about the time I took the ball out.   As I was throwing the ball in one of the girls said to me, “Nice treasure trail, does it lead to a big treasure?”  I was like, huh?  I had no idea what she meant but a couple of my friends started cracking up and had to explain it to me—I was sort of naïve.

By the time I graduated from high school I had a pretty hairy chest.  By the time I graduated college I had a hairy back.  Basically I have body hair every place you can imagine.  Most people have hair that stops at their neck, not me it goes down and joins my back hair.  When I get a haircut I wear a collarless shirt so the barber can clean down to the top of my back.  My wife has a rule I must shave down to my collar bone, she detests hair coming up around my collar.  She was reading a book one time that had the illustration that showed several primates starting with an ape going up to modern man.  She pointed at one before Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon and said, “There you are, the hairy one.”  Like Rodney Dangerfield, I get no respect.

Gynecomastia came back in my mid 40s or so.  The falling hormone levels could have affected the amount of my body hair.  Some body hair probably is a little less but I still am a relatively hairy person.  I am not about to wax or shave my chest and back—or anything else for that matter.  My wife doesn’t bug me about the hair as long as I reasonably keep from looking like a total bum.   I do get reminded to clean up in places at times and when I need a haircut.

A few photos for comparison, hopefully I got the sizing so they fit and are visible.

hammer

Hairyknockers, you are how I used to be until I lost the testicles, can't say I miss all that hear, but I'm still glad I have my beard though! it's getting long again, Debbie is going to trim it for me this weekend. she does that and my hair cuts  saves money and does a great job too! It's great having a great wife!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024