Author Topic: Finally decided to post. Please share your thoughts!  (Read 13330 times)

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone 

I have been following all the posts here for long time but never got a chance to post. I'm a mid 30s male with gyno all my life. I don't remember a single day without boob on my body. 
I had consulted few doctors for gyno and was told to wait it out in the teen years and it will resolve on its own, but to my dismay, it never went away. 
Not interested to do a surgery at this point of time. 
I wanted to ask if this is pseudo or actual gynecomastia ? As I am on the heavier side (235lb) and my nipples are also male looking ones. 
Reducing my weight is not showing up on the boob and it was a concern, so stopped pursuing that route for time being. 
I have never had a need for bra until I tried one. It's day and night and having one is preferred but not mandatory. Without bra, I never noticed the movement, but with bra it is jiggling with every step and aggressive movement is making it to move more than expected. Suggest me a bra or any alternative solution to be inconspicuous. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Hi Everyone

I have been following all the posts here for long time but never got a chance to post. I'm a mid 30s male with gyno all my life. I don't remember a single day without boob on my body.
I had consulted few doctors for gyno and was told to wait it out in the teen years and it will resolve on its own, but to my dismay, it never went away.
I wanted to ask if this is pseudo or actual gynecomastia ? As I am on the heavier side (235lb) and my nipples are also male looking ones.
Reducing my weight is not showing up on the boob and it was a concern, so stopped pursuing that route for time being.
I have never had a need for bra until I tried one. It's day and night and having one is preferred but not mandatory. Without bra, I never noticed the movement, but with bra it is jiggling with every step and aggressive movement is making it to move more than expected. Suggest me a bra or any alternative solution to be inconspicuous.
Welcome aboard!

It looks like you fit right in on the acceptance side of the forum, and of course "acceptance" is key.

In regards to being inconspicuous, the suggestions would of course be darker colours, prints, and layers. Some members use sports bras as they don't make the breasts so prominent.

But should we really let people around us set the boundaries on what is normal or not?

Birdie 💝
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Welcome IamNoOne,

First I hope the name choice is a means to retain a bit of anonymity not a feeling of hopelessness.  Everyone is uniquely made.  We all have something to contribute to society.  

I feel you look like many of us here.  Your in the right place.  Bra wearing is a means of containing the breast from movement and for shaping.

I understand that you can go about the day without support but feel once a proper fitting bra is worn, with the side breast tissue brought a bit forward and contained you will feel like, and appear to be a bit larger.  I did when I began wearing now I feel I look much slimmer and just feel all around better.  I along with many here have found the right bra for the activity and clothing for the day will vary.  Most of mine are geared to lessen the appearance of the breast yet shape and contain for the more polished look.  I feel the best way for you to find what works for you is to go in and try various styles and find what works for you.  As noted colors and patterns on our shirts are our friends when we wish to tone down the appearance of our chest. 

Bottom line is you are you.  Find what works for you and live.  There is no one that gets to dictate what you wear and how your to dress to be happy.  Only you.

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Gold Member
Agreed. Hope the name is for anonymity intentions. You are someone and you certainly fit the mold for the forum here and are more than welcome and encouraged to share and join in anywhere you wish. I’m mid/late 30s too and if helpful ever to talk to someone in same age range can always message if you’d like. 
You definitely have gynecomastia and it doesn’t look to be pseudo to me. While weight loss will certainly help reduce some size, just judging by the shape, projection, and development shown. It’s definitely glandular breast tissue more than adipose fat tissue to me. Not a dr and just going off the images but it definitely looks like boobs more than moobs. And a bra is like socks to us here lol just another item we wear for comfort. 

Unsure what bra size you wear but what worked for me in keeping me comfortable and contained was dropping down a band size. I’m per measurements a 36b a 36b fits well and is comfortable around the chest and cups have little to no space left. Made sense. Perfect fit. But I had the same issue. My boobs would move a bit during general to active movements. I thought this was just normal and then on Reddit someone mentioned they dropped a band size and while the bra fit a little tighter, it wasn’t uncomfortable and the lightly added pressure from the band held their breasts much better and the bouncing was gone. I did the same and dropped to a 34B and my breasts don’t jiggle or bounce anymore. 

A bra I’d recommend is Warner Blissful Benefits or their Cloud 9, both t shirt bras. Both models have adjusters on the front and are smooth backing and wireless bras that give great support, shape and concealment. 

Offline blad

I will add that a pattern button down shirt is your friend over a tee shirt. I do not give it a second thought when I am out in public wearing a bra. While I can not make the presence of my breasts go away, I am not concerned that it is obvious I am wearing a bra.

I do enjoy the benefits of wearing a bra and happily put one on every day. Its what most people with boobs do for a reason.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone

I have never had a need for bra until I tried one. It's day and night and having one is preferred but not mandatory. Without bra, I never noticed the movement, but with bra it is jiggling with every step and aggressive movement is making it to move more than expected. Suggest me a bra or any alternative solution to be inconspicuous.
Welcome aboard!

It looks like you fit right in on the acceptance side of the forum, and of course "acceptance" is key.

In regards to being inconspicuous, the suggestions would of course be darker colours, prints, and layers. Some members use sports bras as they don't make the breasts so prominent.

But should we really let people around us set the boundaries on what is normal or not?

Birdie 💝
Thank you, Birdie!!
I have still not got courage to wear em bras outside. Tried compression shirts but it is painful to wear all day every day. 
Shapermint tank cami is kind of good in keeping the fat rolls and love handles in, but i think it is giving my boobies some shape and kind of conscious to wear it underneath dress shirt yet. 

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
Welcome IamNoOne,

First I hope the name choice is a means to retain a bit of anonymity not a feeling of hopelessness.  Everyone is uniquely made.  We all have something to contribute to society. 

I feel you look like many of us here.  Your in the right place.  Bra wearing is a means of containing the breast from movement and for shaping.

I understand that you can go about the day without support but feel once a proper fitting bra is worn, with the side breast tissue brought a bit forward and contained you will feel like, and appear to be a bit larger.  I did when I began wearing now I feel I look much slimmer and just feel all around better.  I along with many here have found the right bra for the activity and clothing for the day will vary.  Most of mine are geared to lessen the appearance of the breast yet shape and contain for the more polished look.  I feel the best way for you to find what works for you is to go in and try various styles and find what works for you.  As noted colors and patterns on our shirts are our friends when we wish to tone down the appearance of our chest. 

Bottom line is you are you.  Find what works for you and live.  There is no one that gets to dictate what you wear and how your to dress to be happy.  Only you.
Thank you, Parity!!
I haven't tried much yet. Crossed the line towards acceptance just now. I have been slouching all the time to hide the breast. Wearing a bra is doing opposite (showing up in upright and square shoulder, making breast obvious) of what I was doing. I will try with different options and see what works. 

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
Agreed. Hope the name is for anonymity intentions. You are someone and you certainly fit the mold for the forum here and are more than welcome and encouraged to share and join in anywhere you wish. I’m mid/late 30s too and if helpful ever to talk to someone in same age range can always message if you’d like.
You definitely have gynecomastia and it doesn’t look to be pseudo to me. While weight loss will certainly help reduce some size, just judging by the shape, projection, and development shown. It’s definitely glandular breast tissue more than adipose fat tissue to me. Not a dr and just going off the images but it definitely looks like boobs more than moobs. And a bra is like socks to us here lol just another item we wear for comfort.

Unsure what bra size you wear but what worked for me in keeping me comfortable and contained was dropping down a band size. I’m per measurements a 36b a 36b fits well and is comfortable around the chest and cups have little to no space left. Made sense. Perfect fit. But I had the same issue. My boobs would move a bit during general to active movements. I thought this was just normal and then on Reddit someone mentioned they dropped a band size and while the bra fit a little tighter, it wasn’t uncomfortable and the lightly added pressure from the band held their breasts much better and the bouncing was gone. I did the same and dropped to a 34B and my breasts don’t jiggle or bounce anymore.

A bra I’d recommend is Warner Blissful Benefits or their Cloud 9, both t shirt bras. Both models have adjusters on the front and are smooth backing and wireless bras that give great support, shape and concealment.
The name is for anonymity and nothing else. Thanks for the offer, I will connect with you sometime. 
I started with 40b ( I got the pushup version of this and it was fitting with comfort and had space for one or 2 fingers). 
Then tried 38c and it fit like a glove. Not sure if I need to push further down and go with 36c and use bra extenders. All this is for wearing at home as I haven't built up to wear it outside yet.  
Good thing is none of these are giving me cleavage, unless I push my biceps in or lean too much. Which is nice .
I will try them and see it works and also if it gives me the push to wear it everyday outside of the house. 

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
I will add that a pattern button down shirt is your friend over a tee shirt. I do not give it a second thought when I am out in public wearing a bra. While I can not make the presence of my breasts go away, I am not concerned that it is obvious I am wearing a bra.

I do enjoy the benefits of wearing a bra and happily put one on every day. Its what most people with boobs do for a reason.
Thanks for the suggestion,Blad!
Due to gyne I have stopped wearing a tee for long time now. It's like a habit now, that I won't wear tee. I always use button down or dress shirt.
 I too liked the feel of wearing a bra, that all the things around chest area are in order . It's too presentable for a guy. 
But my societal conscious mind is telling myself that I have lived these many years without one, I can live the rest. 

Offline taxmapper

having been through the "Unperson" world myself, I get what people are saying. 

Bras are going to be on the personal choice side. 

I will again point out that in my experience its the NOT wearing a bra that garnishes attention.  When smoothed out and round, hardly anyone ever sees anything unless REALLY prominent. 
but if not so large, but rounded, its like the old adage of the headlights on. 

One or two catch attention, but when everyone has them on, no one notices. 

Same with our "headlights" that when bouncing about, they get noticed. When rounded out, niet. 

But again,. personal choice, and moreover, comfort. 

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
Your boobs look very much like mine. I've had good luck with lightweight sports bras. Might give one a try. Good luck!

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
Your boobs look very much like mine. I've had good luck with lightweight sports bras. Might give one a try. Good luck!
I haven't tried much of sports bra yet. Still sporting compression tank cami from shapermint outside of home. 
Thanks for the tip, will give it a try. (Eventually when I muster enough courage ) :p

Offline WPW717

• Gold Member
I am in the camp that you look like you have true gynecomastia. A physical exam with an experienced healthcare professional can reveal the truth.

The side boob issue seems to be present in your photos. This is my issue as well. Currently looking for a new way to contain my breasts. I have had a rapid growth scenario as of late and am moving from pullover sports bras to the ‘big girl’ style. I have had some success with the move. For reference I am a 44 band and I measure as a DD. Since my roots are so wide and and the east west position is wide also the projection is not as much as some so a D cup works better for me. A bra is becoming necessary as a pattern/button down shirt is no longer camouflaging the girls. I do feel best when contained. It didn’t take long to become comfortable in public once I started to wear outside the house. Welcome to the adventure on the estrogen highway, lots of support here along with knowledge.
Regards, Bob

Offline gotgyne

Hi Everyone

Yo are in the right forum. Good that you got the guts to show us your breasts.

Your second and especially the third photo shows striae (stretch marks) below your breasts, which indicates a weak connective tissue. If your breasts move and jiggle with every step as you wrote, I'd wear a bra at all circumstances. Without a bra it is possible that your breasts may get stretch marks too. In my opinion it is not pseudogynecomastia but gyne. In the end the difference doesn't even matter. If they are uncomfortable without a bra, wear one.

Are you living alone or do you have a girlfriend or wife? This is often the most crucial point. If you are in a relationship the partner should be comfortable too if you wear a bra. Or better, even encourage you to do so. Good luck!

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline IamNoOne

• Posting Member
I am in the camp that you look like you have true gynecomastia. A physical exam with an experienced healthcare professional can reveal the truth.

The side boob issue seems to be present in your photos. This is my issue as well. Currently looking for a new way to contain my breasts. I have had a rapid growth scenario as of late and am moving from pullover sports bras to the ‘big girl’ style. I have had some success with the move. For reference I am a 44 band and I measure as a DD. Since my roots are so wide and and the east west position is wide also the projection is not as much as some so a D cup works better for me. A bra is becoming necessary as a pattern/button down shirt is no longer camouflaging the girls. I do feel best when contained. It didn’t take long to become comfortable in public once I started to wear outside the house. Welcome to the adventure on the estrogen highway, lots of support here along with knowledge.
I had gotten it checked, but never had enough knowledge to ask if it is pseudo or not. It was told to me that it is gynecomastia and then I started the research to stumble on this website. 
I measure 40 band and 45 bust, but 38d felt nice for me. If I go 40D then the cups seems to be empty due to too much side boob. 
I usually wear button down shirt and think it is not noticeable. As I always had boobies and it grew as I grew.  And never felt the need for one due to my ignorance or need to be more presentable. Only time I feel like wearing one is when I go for bicycle rides and get nipple chafing. 
I haven't ventured out into public yet with any bra.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024