Author Topic: Dr. Haugrud  (Read 11855 times)

Offline joeynobody

• Posting Member
Has anyone been to Dr. Haugrud for surgery? I hear he bills the cost of the surgery to Alberta Health...is that true?

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Yes that is true, my surgery is coming up sometime this summer. Im just trying to work out a date that works for me.

Hope this helps.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
How is the Surgury paid for by Alberta Health Care?What type of surgury is it?Can just anyone get the surgury paid for by Alberta Health Care?Do I have to be  under the age of 18?Or do I have to be friends with the doctor?What is it someone tell me.I am desprate.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 01:35:23 PM by Shattered_Nyte »

Offline politik1

• Posting Member

Offline AUSTIN

• Posting Member
Age is not a factor, I'm 35 and I was told that it will be charged to the card. U don't have to be friends with the doctor, its ur right if ur paying $40 for ur health card (in Toronto and ON, its free and still surgery gets charged to the card)

Offline AUSTIN

• Posting Member
and in BC too

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
In Toronto and ON, its free and still surgery gets charged to the card.

Surgery is not 'free' in Ontario. If you qualify, O.H.I.P. (Ontario Health Insurance Program) will cover the cost of all but Lipo. The Lipo fee is the respsibility of the patient. Insurance companies do not pay out for 'cosmetic' (elected) surgeries.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I dont Understand.How is Gyno paid for by AHC?(Alberta Health Care)
When every other Surgeon charges you a fee?

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Its because of the oilsands.. haha. I dont know.

Offline Puff

• Posting Member
I don't think Haugrud does the lipo.  He says that guys weren't meant to have breasts and that is his take on the subject so he bills it back to Alberta health.

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Amen for his philosophy. I'm pretty sure I got lipo, as that is what was on my surgery sheet. My g/f snuck a peak at it. You know I think he doesnt want ppl to know he does lipo as well, so he doesnt get in trouble for charging it to the health system. But I did get an excision for sure.. *ouch* haha

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
AUSTIN, are you sure it gets billed to BCmedical in BC?  The surgeon I talked with told me that it's not covered ...
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
I have my consultation on feb 5th, 2007.. (FINALLY).. and as far as i know AHC pays for that part.. I am crossin my fingers on the surgery part.

Offline saucy

• Posting Member
Outshined,
If I were you I would try getting on a short list to go in for the consult possibly sooner. No guarantees that youll get a consult at a sooner date but when i went in for mine it took about 5 minutes....i waited 4 months (may until september) for that. So judging by how brief the consult is, i'm sure theres always a cancellation or two that you could try jumping on. btw alberta health covers everything dont worry.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I have the last appointment of the year.That is on December 20th.I have had that appointment for about a month now. I am also on the cancellation list

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024