Author Topic: Most embarassing gyno moment?  (Read 16714 times)

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I was wondering what is the single most humiliating incident that's happened to you because of gyno?
Also, how did you react and handle the situation?

I don't think I've had anything too bad happen to me. Occasionally I'll overhear someone making a comment, but so far that's the worst that's happened. No one has openly said anything to my face yet.

Offline digitalgangsta21

• Posting Member
Telling my mom about it while on vacation in Mexico, then walking outside 10 minutes later and hearing my mom say "Take your shirt off and I'll put sunblock on you" Infront of our family and family friends.

I said "Sure, but I forgot my goggles in the room so I'll go get them" Then went and bought some coronas and drank.

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member
i was layin down at the beach, and a group of puero ricans walked by, and 1 of the girls said, "damn his breasts r bigger than mine"

i was like ouchhh

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
I was at a wedding where I was in the wedding party.... we were loaded and there was no air conditioners in the place so all the dudes went to the washroom to clean up a bit.... forgetting about what warmth does to gyno.... I tore my shirt off in front of everyone only to see my nipples hanging there...
OUCH!!!!!!!!

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Pulling ,my nipple  in the toilets so it shrinks before I go out to the pool. The swimming pool changing rooms are unisex..... It was early morning and I was tired and hadn't noticed I was in the ladies ;D

Two women walked in and one said  'one of us is in the wrong toilet' , I must have gone red and I crawled out , with them giggling.

Bloody unisex.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:32:51 AM by Worrier »

Offline Chilli

• Posting Member
Ah, mine would have to  be at school when we were playing sports. It was a really hot day and i remember we didnt have anything to separate the teams from one another so the teacher divided us up into skins and shirts, i was praying that i would be shirts but sadly not...

I still remember to this day them all laughing as i was running, thats when i started to become consciencous (spelling?!) Ah well! :-[

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Ah, mine would have to  be at school when we were playing sports. It was a really hot day and i remember we didnt have anything to separate the teams from one another so the teacher divided us up into skins and shirts, i was praying that i would be shirts but sadly not...

I still remember to this day them all laughing as i was running, thats when i started to become consciencous (spelling?!) Ah well! :-[

I wouldve "got sick" all of a sudden....or "got stung by a bee" which at that moment i wouldve became "allergic" to bees!
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline halo2006

• Posting Member

I wouldve "got sick" all of a sudden....or "got stung by a bee" which at that moment i wouldve became "allergic" to bees!

LOL, or "i dont wana get a sunburn." classic.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In my twenties, I was in the USAF as a Medic. Some of the guys were planning an outing and invited along a Nurse who had been newly assigned to our Hospital. They talked me into going along as her date. My "Blind Date" turned out to be a young lady who was very flat chested. My breasts were truly larger than hers. To make things even worse, it wound up being a swim party at a lake not far from the Air Base.  After suffering through a very long and miserable day, we actually became the best of friends.

I've had the condition since about the age of 12 which would have been in 1949. I was almost 50 before the surgery became available and by then I had more important things to worry about so I've not seriously considered surgery.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 02:39:23 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
I haven't had many embarrassing since i've stayed out of trouble(like swimming pools, topless amongst women)

But i think the worst was when a girl posted a picture of a man  http://www.gynecomastia.org/images/gynoshots/steve3.jpg
here with gynecomastia on her blog and said that was probably what "you know who" looked like (reffering to me)

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
Besides when a guy came up to me in the locker room and grabbed both my nipples and twisted them, and the time playing shirts vs skins, and every day in the showers, the most embarassing moment was when my father took me to a (quack) doctor about my "condition."  I was a fat, pasty white 13 year old with puffy nipples.   The doctor told me to remove my shirt and jog in place for awhile.  I don't remember why.  The doctor left the room for a few minutes, and there I was jogging in my underwear, bouncing like jello, with my father sitting there watching me with a pained expression on his face.  
  I just wanted to crawl in a hole and die.  The doctor said I was "just fat" and gave me amphetamines, which led to losing a lot of weight very fast and becoming anemic and getting pneumonia.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Aloe,

You are not alone, The Dr. my mom took me to said I had an underactive thyroid and treated me accordingly. Without doing any Lab work at all.

When that failed, he said it was just puberty and it would go away in a year. If he had investigated just a bit further, he would have learned that it is a common family trait.

Whenever I tell someone to see a Doctor, I specifically say a competent one, Unfortunately not all are competent in this area.

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
PeePaw

Thank you.  And back in the early 60's - well, you can imagine how much general awareness and openess there was about this and many other things.  

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
Not really hurt me.I always have high titac to hiding it.But when summer is come,i need to stay at home and not go out anymore, only winter is my happy time. ;)
I promise when the gyne problem fixed,i will try my best on everything.I will study hard and become Sith Lord ;)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Aloe,

Such things were not much spoken about except that kids at school are just as mean as ever.
I don't think anything has changed in the teasing dept.

Because there was no open discussion years ago, If you had Gynecomastia you probably thought you were the only one!

It should be expected that with the open exchange of information available today, Things should actually be better.

Unfortunately, the reverse has happened and we live in the midst of a rather perverse time when it comes to the issue of body image.

I would point out that that the term "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" is a relative recent addition to the lexicon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024