Author Topic: Bad cosmetic results  (Read 5982 times)

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
When people complain of not getting optimal cosmetic results post surgery is that primarily due to a poor job at conducting lipo or the excision?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 05:07:53 AM by spaceace »

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Its think its mostly unrealistic expectations.

Poor job is a close second.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Mostly a poor job of what - lipo or excision?

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Any or both. But like I said its mostly unrealistic expectations.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Also remember that a lot of people seem to post complaints a few weeks to a month post op, which is not really enough time for all of the swelling to go down.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
Any or both. But like I said its mostly unrealistic expectations.

One of these must be more likely to cause bad results than the other.  Is it really 50/50?  I would think that because lipo extracts from a larger area than excision that it has more of a chance of causing an undesireable result.

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
lol is it realy important what the percentage is? the point is they both have to be done well.

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
lol is it realy important what the percentage is? the point is they both have to be done well.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
lol is it realy important what the percentage is?

To me, it is.  There are other non-invasive ways of doing liposuction.

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
there is on such thing as non invasive liposuction. maybe ur thinking of not doing excision,but lipo wont remove gland just fat.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
there is on such thing as non invasive liposuction.

http://www.ultrashape.com

Offline Mr_Nip

According to the video it's designed to get rid of fat cells only.  I also noticed that there wasn't much fat on the "patients" being marked for treatment.  Even if it can remove some fat, I have serious doubts that a gland could be effectively removed without surgery.  As I sit here recovering from surgery I'll admit that it's a nice thought, though.   :)

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
According to the video it's designed to get rid of fat cells only.  

I was thinking of using Ultrshape for lipo and then having an excision for the gland to minimalize the invasivness of the procedure.  More importantly, this would achieve an optimal cosmetic result as the only chance for messing up the procedure would be from the excision.

I also noticed that there wasn't much fat on the "patients" being marked for treatment.  

Would this not be ideal in place of invasive lipo before the excision of gland for people who have at least an average body mass or less?

Offline Mr_Nip

I'll say it again:  As I sit here recovering from surgery I'll admit that it's a nice thought.   :)

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
I'll say it again:  As I sit here recovering from surgery I'll admit that it's a nice thought.   :)

Yes, it is a nice thought.  

But do you think it would provide the most cosmetically appealing result in place of invasive lipo?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024