Author Topic: Pubertal Gynecomastia  (Read 5004 times)

I'm 15, and have gynecomastia, i assume because of puberty. I have never smoked marijuana, and don't seem to have any other problems. I was just wondering, if anyone else has experiences with pubertal gynecomastia, and what can make it worse/better. The other thing i was wondering, is just how does the body break down the gynecomastia. It leaves in most cases of teenagers within a few years, so how does the body get rid of it? And, what things would help speed up the process (Assuming it is on its way out) E.g Protein?

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
just wait and hope it goes away thats pretty much it.  It *can* go away once your hormones balance out, but you don't want to start messing with those or you may cause some damage.

DrBermant

I'm 15, and have gynecomastia, i assume because of puberty. I have never smoked marijuana, and don't seem to have any other problems. I was just wondering, if anyone else has experiences with pubertal gynecomastia, and what can make it worse/better. The other thing i was wondering, is just how does the body break down the gynecomastia. It leaves in most cases of teenagers within a few years, so how does the body get rid of it? And, what things would help speed up the process (Assuming it is on its way out) E.g Protein?

Being patient helps, in most cases puberty gynecomastia goes away on its own. Gynecomastia that has not resolved by two years typically does not go away. 

Check out my Teenage Gynecomastia Gallery.  Here you can find pictures before and after my gynecomastia surgery performed on teenagers and adolescent males.  The small image here will link to its much larger image on rom there, you can click on the details about this patient, the problem, surgical solutions, and results.

"How old should you be before considering Gynecomastia Surgery" are very common questions.  What age depends on many factors. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024