Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2281 times)

john20to

Hello..im new here and let me begin by saying i have a closet full of T-Shirts that i love :) - but i have never worn them :'(  some even still have their price tags on them lol

Im not gonna go into detail..because you've all probably heard the same story over and over again and also because its gonna make me sad thinking about my experiences :-\ ! Im 21- and like many of you on this website- my life seems so restricted because of my gyno. I've NEVER discussed this topic with my family because i know that they'll shrug it off by saying that i need to loose weight, and besides i know that they'll never understand. So im keeping very quiet about this issue. Im 5'10 and i was 230 lbs, and ive lost weight, im 190lbs now. Even though I've lost the weight, my boobs have more or less remained the same size- probably a slight difference maybe. Anyhow, thats how ive confirmed that i have gyno. So ive made up my mind in regards to getting gynoplasty done. I'm actually going to see my doctor tommorow to dicuss this because my gyno hasnt been confirmed by a GP and im kinda nervous because i dont know how to begin  :-\ .  Any ideas on what i should ask? Do you guys think i have gyno or do i just need to loose weight?

Oh yea, i also have a question for the guys that have had their gynocastima confirmed by their GP, can you guys feel the hard overgrown breast tissue when you touch your breast?.....because in my case, i dont feel ANYTHING, it all just feels like fat to me

thnx for listening

Offline Maiku

I couldn't tell, but my doctor could. By touch I mean, I knew I had gyno.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
..can you guys feel the hard overgrown breast tissue when you touch your breast?.....because in my case, i dont feel ANYTHING, it all just feels like fat to me

thnx for listening

Welcome!

Gland can be dense and hard, or it can be mixed in with the fat and spread out.  That means maybe you can feel the gland and maybe you can't.  That doesn't make it less real.  Dr. Bermant, who's performed thousands of gynecomastia surgeries, has posted more than once that it's difficult for even a surgeon to know how much gland and fat is in a man's chest until the surgery has begun. 

Also, keep this in mind:  GP's as a general rule don't understand gynecomastia, so they typically will tell you not to worry about it or to lose weight.  There are exceptions to that, but for some reason GP's seem to follow that pattern.  If you really want to get some useful advice concerning your options, then go see a gynecomastia-experienced plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Ask to see before/after pictures and make sure they have a lot of experience in male breast reduction before considering as your PS.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

john20to

..can you guys feel the hard overgrown breast tissue when you touch your breast?.....because in my case, i dont feel ANYTHING, it all just feels like fat to me

thnx for listening

Welcome!

Gland can be dense and hard, or it can be mixed in with the fat and spread out.  That means maybe you can feel the gland and maybe you can't.  That doesn't make it less real.  Dr. Bermant, who's performed thousands of gynecomastia surgeries, has posted more than once that it's difficult for even a surgeon to know how much gland and fat is in a man's chest until the surgery has begun. 

Also, keep this in mind:  GP's as a general rule don't understand gynecomastia, so they typically will tell you not to worry about it or to lose weight.  There are exceptions to that, but for some reason GP's seem to follow that pattern.  If you really want to get some useful advice concerning your options, then go see a gynecomastia-experienced plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Ask to see before/after pictures and make sure they have a lot of experience in male breast reduction before considering as your PS.

thanks for all your support guys. Your not gonna be suprised, but i went to see my GP and she said exactley the same thing. She told me that i should keep on loosing weight, and  lift more weights, and eventually it should improve! and based on what i've heard from here, i wasnt convinced, and so i told her that happy with my weight and that i'd like to go ahead with the surgery. So she decided to get some blood work done on me. Anyways, im really happy i finally took this step towards improving my life.  I should be posting up pics soon- just havent gotten to down to it yet!

thanks all.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...Your not gonna be suprised, but i went to see my GP and she said exactley the same thing. She told me that i should keep on loosing weight, and  lift more weights, and eventually it should improve!...

You're right, I SHOULDN'T be surprized, but it still amazes me just how clueless most GP's seem to be about gynecomastia.   ::)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024