Author Topic: SURGERY NOW COMPLETE :D  (Read 8908 times)

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Welcome to the other side. ;D ;D

I think you were unlucky with the drains though.  Mine didn’t hurt a bit when they came out.  The nurse who took them out told me to breathe normally and they slid out painlessly.

I’m sure you don’t need to be told to take things easy for at least a couple of weeks.  Certainly the first 2 weeks are very important.

In the meantime .. all the best.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

GynO_DuDe

Cheers buddy.

Yeah definitely was unlucky with the drains.

If I recall correctly it was if I could sense that the pain killers were trying to block the pain and for some reason that thought caused such a bad headrush that I nearly passed out ... or in general I was in no discomfort at all.

Hope I recover well now ... definitely going to take it easy.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
as far as the drains are concerned i will probably being saying (in my head) 'bring on the pain'...usually works when i know i have to endure something similar...then the reality is usually nothing to worry about...i hope  :P

and of course reminding myself why i'm there should be incentive enough

GynO_DuDe

Day 3 of Surgery ...

Arms feel F*CK3D!! .. It's like ive done an intensive tricep workout at the gym ..

Still poppin the pills that ive been given and the bloody co-codamol has caused constipation ... aint had a dump in 2 days ... lol

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
Sorry to be ignorant - what do you mean by the 'drains'?

GynO_DuDe

Your not being ignorant  :)

Basically, Dr Levick performs gland and lipo removal through a tiny stab wound under each armpit and once the operations done your left with a pipe sticking out of each wound that leads to a bottle to accumulate all the blood (THATS IF YOU BLEED).

So basically, if your fine the next day with minimal bleeding, he allows you to go home but obviously you have the drains removed which for most people like myself was a crazy experience pain wise.

Some said it didnt hurt one bit ... so each to their own.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
That is great -good on you!! May the recovery be quick and the lovin' be plenty.
I am booked into barcelona on Sept 5th and am loooking forward to the other side. I know its a long haul, but will be well worth it.

GynO_DuDe

Good luck!

The only MAJOR problem (I hope) ive only had as far as im aware is a rash from the glue on the dressing that I had!!

Offline bfg2000

• Posting Member
Hi GynO-Dude !!
The big step was getting the op done, recovery is a drawn out process. I too had a severe reaction to the glue that Mr.L used, and it took over a month to die down. I don't know if he has an alternative for us sensitive types, but when I have my revision in November, will ask.

Life without moobs, or at least very reduced moobs in my case until revision - smaller t-shirts, a tan, more self confidence, less paranoia etc etc etc. We all know what's they're like - sh*t - and good ridence to bad rubbish!

Rock on dude!

GynO_DuDe

Took a month to die down???

Bloody hell ... Now that you mention it before I jumped in the shower today my rash looked so bad :( all red and bumpy but wasn't THAT itchy. The main rips/tears are healing though which is a good thing, got lots of scabs.

When it gets itchy I feel like getting a knife and scraping the rash loool but obviously I resist touching it.

What did you use on the rash??????? Im using sudocrem then vaseline on top.

I mean, recovery is steadily happening, and to top it off I got this flippin rash thats making everything so much worse!

Offline bfg2000

• Posting Member
Nothing made any great deal of difference to be honest. I used Sudocrem to ease it but had to leave to sort it self.
The itching may be sweating but could be hair regrowth and nothing helped that either!

Offline Koi

• Posting Member
I had a really bad rash as well...  kinda like an alleric reaction...

As well as applying cream i also took Piriton (hayfever/allergy tablets) - that seemed to take some of the inflamation out of it.   

GynO_DuDe

Well the worst part of the itch has gone ... or subsided. It does seem to be slowly getting better but I can see it easily taking a month as bfg said.

GynO_DuDe

Quick update ... 12 days post op now and I have to admit, got most of the movement on my arms back. And chest doesnt hurt as much when I press down on certain areas ...

Left side is slightly more swollen than the right ... its been like that for a couple of days now.

GynO_DuDe

Well im now officially 2 weeks post op (14 FULL DAYS).

And I can honestly say ... as EVERYDAY pass's you only feel BETTER.

The rash I have has now simply turned in to dry skin, and im using Aqueous Cream on it and Vaseline (I think E45 would do the job as well). So I can see the rash dissapearing in another week or two for good.

My chest/nipple etc seem to look better as days pass. My incision points are healing everyday as well.

I managed to go to the gym for my 30min cycling then before going in to the shower, I thought i'd give my car a quick wash as well ... so gave my arms a good workout.

I have to honestly say, I feel fantastic and this is just 2 weeks post op, I sincerely hope that in another 2 weeks before im back at University, I will feel EVEN better.

Will keep everyone updated :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024