Author Topic: Surgery On Wednesday 12th September - Now with Photos & story...  (Read 10126 times)

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

Thanks, was as smooth as a baby's bottom....

I decided i needed another vest (i know opinion is divided but one things for sure it's more comfortable) due to washing and drying etc, and not having it off for too long as they cannot be machined washed or tumble dried.  Dropped Dr Benito an email this afternoon, had a response and a UK supplier within 30 minutes.  Cannot argue that for customer service!!

Look forward to seeing your latest pics.

I'm feeling a lot less pain than i was expecting, have full range of movement, can shower myself properly etc.  I wasn't expecting that for another few days, hopefully everything will continue in such a positive manner.

Offline outertrial

Excellent report. Had mine done in the old hospital and was much the same there but the food there was terrible! Results look great, shame you didnt stay in Barcelona for a few days though. Its a lovely city and my recuperation was nice there. Got my wife to carry the bag around while we were sight seeing too for once.

Im pleased that there have been other good reports of Dr B. I am about 6 months in now and delighted by my results and  for such a good price too. I have never had any other cosmetic surgery but I really rate this surgeon.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

I would have stayed in Barcelona longer, though i would have got myself into trouble as it's one of my favourite cities in Europe, and i know i would have ended up in the Baja Beach Club and it would have all gone down hill.  Aida's comment was "I see ... you´ve already been to Barcelona and went to the wild side" ............  I got engaged there last year, and i would have liked to have done a few things, though i thought i would recuperate instead, i can always go back. 

Being within an hr of Gatwick, Heathrow & Stansted makes it very easy to get a cheap flight and 'pop' to Europe, i'm afraid i'm not carbon neutral.   I'm on my honeymoon in about 7 months, so hopefully i can strut the beach (with confidence) with my top off.   

As for Dr B, he gets good write-ups wherever you read, and i met a lady (circa 60) who checked in at the same time in the clinic, had a procedure last year, back for a different one this year. So on that basis, he cannot be bad if he gets repeat business. 

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
I would definitely rate him. good price and good service and wicked results!!!

agree with you on the vest bythe way. I found it a bit uncomfortable at the start and still catches a bit under the arms, but it is more comfortable for sure now when things are still settling down.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

I'm using a bit of tubi-grip under the arms, stops it digging in nicely.  :)

Offline outertrial

Looks great. The lumpiness is starting to go down too. Looks a lot like mine right after the op. Oddly enough, with it all going so well and a 3 very nice days spend in Barcelona with the wife afterwards, I actually have quite fond memories of my gyne op!

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
It does seem to be going in the right direction, although one side appears puffier than the other, though i believe this is fairly normal.  The skin appears to contracting nicely, and the scars that will be from from the entry holes are sooooo small

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
looking good....! cooking nicely.
good to see!

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I've had a minor set-back.  I had my stitches out on Wednesday, all out no problems.    When towelling down post shower on Friday, i managed to open the right-hand wound and it starting to ozze. 

I was meeting up with the guys as one was getting married on the Saturday, so popped to the local chemist, got some dressings, stuck them on.  Didn't really think much of it.  Later that evening, i found out if was leaking as it had managed to go through the dressing, compression top & t-shirt, changed the dressing & went to bed. 

Saturday as it was still leaking i went to a casualty department close to the venue, 3 hrs later and with even playing the " i'm going to a wedding card " i couldn't be seen properly as they were really busy (Good old government closing local casualties departments to centralise, and then not equipping them properly) so managed to blag some waterproof dressings so i didn't have to worry about it leaking through again. 

Still leaking on Sunday, so went to my local hospital, great service as normal, after being assessed by a few nurses, a junior doctor & consultant all were a little baffled as appeared i was leaking iodine.... no pain, no swelling and no infection. (They took a sample and sent it off just in case).  I had the option of either letting it drain and keep changing the dressings and hopefully stopping or...having a couple of stitches.  So i had them put in so hopefully i will join together properly this time.  It's not the first or last time i've had this happen.

On another note, the nursing staff were generally intrigued by the surgery and the quality of the work, especially the size of the entry wounds.  Apart from the bruising, they liked the feeling of my new hard pecs...  :)

On yet another note....

Friday night, i explained to my close mates (4 whom i've known for over 20yrs) about the operation, the why, the how etc.  All really supportive, a couple a little perplexed, general opinion if that makes you happier, good for you.   My Fiancee explained it to the wags. 

As i mentioned i know these people well and i'm comfortable in their company, so when i was changing in a hotel room getting ready for the wedding (we were running late by then and could only get into one room), with the other half changing the dressings, a couple of the girls were amazed/shocked at the bruising because they assumed there would be more pain, though thought the results looked good.  Seemed to inspire the one looking for a boob job.

One of the best bits was my best man, who commented now he's had time to evaluate my 'new look' he's noticed a definate improvement in my shape (with vest on & off) and being less than two weeks post recovery i can only see that as a positive step in the right direction.  It definately gives a better T-shirt look, and it's a better profile in a suit.  :)   He's stated he needs to hit the gym hard as i now make him look fatter!!!

Offline outertrial

I was leak free thankfully. Good story though BigDom, congrats on the wedding btw - best thing youll ever do :)

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

Thanks, wasn't my wedding....just one of my mates.

Offline outertrial

Oh well, you have it to look forward to probably then.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Day 14 photos. 

Didn't actually realise how much swelling i had, profile is a lot flatter.  All the oozing has stopped on the right-hand side, though this side is still more pronounced than the left.  Hopefully will settle down in the next few weeks.  Need to start exercising, although i'll wait until i have my check-up with Dr Benito next Friday.

I find with the compression vest on, my clothes don't fit properly anymore......so it's either going to be a new wardrobe or a hotter wash & tumble dry session!!!  I may wait for a few weeks yet.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 06:08:25 AM by Bigdom »

GynO_DuDe

I oozed a tiny bit, but only when I put my finger on the wound and pressed it slightly. It stopped quickly though ... im glad I wasnt the only one then!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024