Author Topic: Surgery done on 11th October... life begins @ 25!!! ;-)  (Read 18158 times)

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
Hi anothersufferer,
did your surgeon use drains? u mentioned there was drainage inside bandage.. was it like container.. also drains have to be emptied as soon as they fill up..
~~Karnik~~

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Hi karnik,

Yes, my doc used drains. My wife saw them while doc was doing dressing the other day. They were special cotton pads that keeps the bandage dry and sucks the drains. You can compare them with Huggies! :-) Though no need for changing them even once in seven days. During first two days you feel like the bandage has become heavy. But then automatically it dries up, I dont know how it happened, though!
Thanks,
Say "No" to Gyne

Surgery Date: 11th October 2007
Lipo + Excision
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. K. Ramachandran, Apollo, Chennai, India
Surgery Exp:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12088.0.html
Pre & Post Op photos:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
Hi anothersufferer,
thanks for your response. did you leave chennai in 7 days after surgery? did you find it difficult to travel in train? did you feel comfortable in general ward? any idea on how much the doctor would charge for private or semi-private ward?

~Karnik~

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Dude...

You are asking about services of one of the best hospitals in Chennai which is awarded by Govt of India for its excellence for medical services. Anyway, still it might be different experiences by different people.

For me, the general ward was one of the best ones because of number of nurses were complimenting no of patients who are lying there. But once you get into day-care unit & if you have no one to take care about, you will actually have to find nurses. But by the time you will be shifted into day-care unit, you will be in a comfortable situation in a way that there will be no emergency in your case. Thy shift from general ward to day-care only when a patient is fit & fully conscious. Charges are high for private or semi private wards. If you afford to pay then it's good otherwise dont go for that. General ward is more then enough for us. Moreoever, they are not cutting some organ which could get infected while in general ward. It is just a type of plastic surgery where they put 6 half a centimeter hole.

No, there was no difficulty in travelling through train. I left chennai after 7 days. I went under knife on Thursday and I was back in Bangalore on following Friday. I worked on Friday too!!

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
Hi anothersufferer,
thanks..
i didn't get your point about the day-care unit.. after surgery, they shift you to day-care unit first and then to general ward once u r fit?
How was the food in hotel Sea-Shell Residency? was it good & reasonably priced? did you have it there  how far is it from Apollo .. i mean how much km approx.?
~Karnik~

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Hi karnik,

I dont remember as of now what is the name given to each room. I think I was shifted to general ward first and then to day-care unit once I as fit. It could be vice versa. Well, it does not matter because till you are unfit, they will keep enough nurses around you. Sea-shell residency does not have a canteen. But if you order, they will fetch something for you. The staff over there is also very pro. Food was always delicious. Even now also whenever I would visit Chennai for a trip, I would book the rooms over there only. Apollo is nearly 2 km only and you can go by autos.

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
thanks man. please check your personal message.
~Karnik~

Offline banger

• Posting Member
Hello... well done on you.. i am 30 and after all these years have decided to get it done, and in india too.... can i just ask you how long were you in hospital? this place - appolo.... whats the closest airport and finally how much did you pay?

i appreciate your help............

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Thanks. Just for info to all, I have started gym and reduced usage of compression vest. I dont wear it during night time now and during gym too.

Banger, I stayed in hospital just for the day from morning to evening. Airport is located in the city only and it is 20 Km away from Apollo. Taxi man will charge you around 300 Rs. You can directly call Sea-shell and ask them to send a taxi for you on airport - but the taxi driver will charge for that too. The total cost remains the same as mentioned in the first message of this thread - 40K - 45K.

Offline sss

Hi....
       I met the Doctor...Becaz of his scedule,i can't do the operation.
So Friends, please take appointment, before going to chennai.
I already asked you about the present photographs...
Can i get it????
How do you feel now???
I am expecting your reply...

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
Hi sss,

I am Absolutely alright. Feeling amazing and happy to explore this beautiful new world!!!
Soon I will start swimming too :-))))
I have uploaded the photos and comment back...

Started excercizing for that fit-n-fine look.

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
Man i wish i can get my surgery done but my mom and dad says wait till 21 and mine look EXACTLY like urs at age of 16 but congratz on ur new frest start to a better you Ha. I wish indian parents would be more understanding specailly ones like that never understand anything and clueless in these matters Ha. My parents were born in India so was I :*( but live in MS USA now and hopefully will have surgery in 6-7 years to come :*( sometimes i dont know who to blame my self or god

Offline TSB

Dear fren,
i am also one of you. even i want to go for this surgery. i would really appreciate you if you could help me in this.
can you please sent me DR.K.RAMACHANDRAN e-mail ID and his contact no.
PLEASE HELP ME.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024