32 (50.8%)
Increased nipples sensation
5 (7.9%)
Don't know
12 (19%)
Nipples never very sensitive
5 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Nipple(s) sensation  (Read 28418 times)

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
my doctor cut my nipples down i dont know if he completely took them off and put them back on but i now he told me he shrunk them down..... i have no sensitivity now and a little bit around the nipple and im 5 weeks post up... will fine touch or sensation return?

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
thank god I dont have sensation pre-op...dont really care...Im not into the whole nipple playing thing anyways ...
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline xanny

I have consulted a doctor recent. He said the way he operated was cutting out the whole areola, taking out the gland and sewing it back. He claimed that I will lose all the sensitivity and thus it is important to know and consider of nip play is important. He said that the nerve goes through the gland instead of alone side of the skin, thus it is impossible to not damage the nerve while removing the gland and thus the sensitivity.

However, in here, doctors seem to say that unless the whole thing is taken off the skin, there should be good chance of recovering. At that moment I am already not convinced by my doctor. Now this further convinces me not to go with him.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
When a half circle cut is made at the edge of the nipple to remove breast tissue, there is usually temporary diminished sensation.  Nipple sensation returns, in the majority of cases, within a few weeks to a few months.

On the other hand, if the nipple is removed from the body temporarily during surgery, and then replaced, it will never regain full sensation. 

You should speak again to your doctor and ask him specifically what he plans to do and why.  You should then discuss nipple sensation retention in detail, just to make sure you understand the implications of the proposed surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mezwell

• Posting Member
  • hey
my nipples are very sensitive ,but i would have them numb after surgery with no regrets if it meant getting these frikin breasts off my body

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024