Author Topic: 1 month post op. Question (hopefully reassurance)  (Read 1645 times)

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Hey, I'm one month post op, you can read about the majority of my experience in the "experience" secton, but I have some troubling issues right now hopefully someone can shed some light for me.

My left side is great, with the only issue bing what appears to be a tube like hard spot about a 1/4 inch below the nipple, so the nipple looks normal then flat skin, but then a tube like bump back into normal looking skin.  That isn't whats really bothering me.

What really bothers me is my left side.

there is about a 2 inch diameter hard somewhat tender knot that goes from the upper right portion of my nipple and out toward the armpit.  This pushes the top right part of my nipple out and somewhat defoms it, while the rest of the nipple looks fairly good.  The knot is hard and bumpy and is visable under my armpit making my chest look awkward like (really just imagine a large lump between your nipple and into your armpit.)  Does anyone have any idea what this is and if it will go away?  I was supposed to see my PS this week but was rescheduled while he left town. 

Also, one more thing, my nipples appear to be missing about a 1/4 inch on the bottom where the incisions were made and the scars are now...  Will the scars push out and make them look symmetrical again?  I'm not too worried even if it doesn't, but as of right now they arn't really round they are round, then kind of just horizontal along the bottom.

Please let me know what you guys think, I'm obsessing about it :(.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
A photo might help us. But I think I know what you are talking about. I had somewhat of that same weird lump from nipple to armpit on my left side, but it slowly went away. It wasn't as bad as how you're describing it though. That's why I say a photo might help. I'm about 7.5 weeks post op now. As far as the nipple thing, one of mine was deformed pretty bad and folded in, but it somehow adjusted itself and turned somewhat rounder by itself.

You're only 1 month post-op so I wouldn't worry too much. This next month you should see much more improvement. I've also noticed that the more severe the case, the longer the recovery, so just remember that. And you'll be seeing your surgeon soon too. Hope that helps.
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024