Author Topic: Can glands regrow?  (Read 4172 times)

Offline r2d2

Hello, I had my surgery about 10 months ago in sweden. I removed glands on both sides. It looks better now but Im not really happy with it.

Can the glands regrow?

I have 11% bodyfat, so if its fat. Why does it gets stored around the nipples. My doc said the glands makes the fat gets stored there. I dont think I had any lipo and I am considering it now. But if the glands can regrow its just a waste of money. I wont pay one more surgery if I cant be pretty sure that the shit wont come back.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yes it can regrow if the reason you have gynecomastia is due to a hormonal imbalance.  Your best bet would be to see an endocrinologist concerning your hormone levels (namely testosterone and estrogen) to ensure that they're ok.  Hypo should be able to provide you with an AACE certified endocrinologist who can help you.  Shoot him a PM.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline r2d2

Yes it can regrow if the reason you have gynecomastia is due to a hormonal imbalance.  Your best bet would be to see an endocrinologist concerning your hormone levels (namely testosterone and estrogen) to ensure that they're ok.  Hypo should be able to provide you with an AACE certified endocrinologist who can help you.  Shoot him a PM.

Thanks, will do.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
how do they regrow tho, does that mean if you didn't have them removed they would get bigger anyway? is it like a lizards tail, grows back if removed but if not removed stays the same size?

just curious..not doubting you guys that it could grow back if the hormones are off, just wondering how it works...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Oh no, say it aint true! This is discouraging....  :o    JCF didn't prepare me for this...  :'(

Found this on Dr. Bermants Site.......

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/revision_gynecomastia/male_breast_regrowth.html

John.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 09:53:41 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
that's a little scary..another thing to be paranoid about...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
that's a little scary..another thing to be paranoid about...

Tell me about it Dude!

John.

DrBermant

Oh no, say it aint true! This is discouraging....  :o    JCF didn't prepare me for this...  :'(

Found this on Dr. Bermants Site.......

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/revision_gynecomastia/male_breast_regrowth.html

John.

Please see:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1115017287;start=0#1

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline hypo

I have viewed the link Dr Bermant and I have to say that the endocrine research shows that that underlying causative conditions are far from rare when it comes to gynecomastia.

According to Ismail and Barth, Glen D Braunstein and many other endocrine sources which I can gladly provide you with, 25% of all gynecomastia patients are found to have underlying causative conditions.

Re-growth does not occur without some underlying condition or causative agent being present.  It just doesn't!

Regarding the individual you spoke of who had re-growth- but no cause for re-growth was found;

To that I say given the complexities of possible endocrine abnormalities (some conditions are very complex and relate to ER receptors in the breast or excess aromatase etc) it is highly likely that the underlying causative factor for the re-growth in the individual was simply not discovered.

Either that or something far more obvious;

That the endocrinologists concerned themselves far too much with ridged supposedly normal reference ranges instead of looking at the ratio of androgens to estrogens.  

Or

That many additional endocrine factors were missed such as liver and renal function, Human Growth hormone, dihydrotestosterone, or thyroid status.  

The latter being very easily missed with basic TSH tests that do not give the whole picture.

Even if it is at a complex cellular level something made that mans breast develop- the development of glandular tissue was driven by a causative factor.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 05:01:03 AM by hypo »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024