Author Topic: An Interesting Question  (Read 2652 times)

Offline to-be-or-not-to-be

• Posting Member
Hi,

I was wondering why surgeons only take some gland  and leave some behind during this procedure? Why not take the entire gyne out. That way it will never come back?

The reason why i'm asking this because, my surgeon agreed i have a severe case of gyne but he's only going to take out some (lipo & excision under nipple) so, it will look normal and not leave any concavity.

Please help. Thanks.

DrBermant

Hi,

I was wondering why surgeons only take some gland  and leave some behind during this procedure? Why not take the entire gyne out. That way it will never come back?

The reason why i'm asking this because, my surgeon agreed i have a severe case of gyne but he's only going to take out some (lipo & excision under nipple) so, it will look normal and not leave any concavity.

Please help. Thanks.

Leaving firm gland behind tends to look and move like gland instead of fat.

To better understand what gland is left behind with all surgical techniques, you need to understand the Anatomy of Gynecomastia.  Fingers of gland spread through fingers of fat.  Look at a typical Male Mammogram Breast Xray, and you can see that pattern.

When doctors start with liposuction, trying to remove residual gland can lead to Crater Deformity Chest Defect when too much gland is then removed.

That is why I prefer to target gland first with my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Sculpture. I then have the remaining fat as a resource to rebuild the defect by working on the gland initially such as my Fat Flap Sculpture where I move nearby fat into the defect preserving the fat's blood supply.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024