Author Topic: First View of Chest Post Op  (Read 9408 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Keep ya fingers crossed for me that the areolas stay flat!

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MSJ108

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Hey MSJ

I am 3 weeks 4 days post op and i dont have much sensation in my nipples. I do hope the sensation will come back but if it doesnt, well who cares coz I'm much happier without breasts. If it does come back, well then its a bonus.

All the best

Offline MSJ108

Hey MSJ

I am 3 weeks 4 days post op and i dont have much sensation in my nipples. I do hope the sensation will come back but if it doesnt, well who cares coz I'm much happier without breasts. If it does come back, well then its a bonus.

All the best

im with you brother. as long as they stay flat I am cool!

Offline MSJ108

Today was the big day. I got to take the pads off and toss them away, shower, and only have to wear vest WITHOUT pads now 24-7. I was able to get a reeeeal good look at my chest now. I am very happy with the results!! I loved that shower also. First shower since Tues morning!! Yuk!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

First shower since Tues morning!! Yuk!

That must have been brutal...

GB

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
Yeah sounds very normal. Give it a couple of months atleast (even more) before gaining full sensation.
I had excision recently and have pretty much no sensation at the areola region at all!

As for the flat chest appearance after wearing the vest is a puzzle to me as well. I still have some swelling
around the excision site. Since i am only 8 days post-op, i reckon this swelling should go away. I also hope
that once i stop wearing that vest my chest would still look the same - flatter and firmer  ::)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:05:59 PM by rashdudes »

Offline MSJ108

GB

I washed up a bit in between but nothing like a shower!!

Offline MSJ108

Yeah sounds very normal. Give it a couple of months atleast (even more) before gaining full sensation.
I had excision recently and have pretty much no sensation at the areola region at all!

As for the flat chest appearance after wearing the vest is a puzzle to me as well. I still have some swelling
around the excision site. Since i am only 8 days post-op, i reckon this swelling should go away. I also hope
that once i stop wearing that vest my chest would still look the same - flatter and firmer  ::)

I got some swelling on the lower inside part of my pec. Other than that not to bad!

Offline surgeryin7days

I un-wrapped tonight after having surgery on wednesday and I have very little feeling in the nipple area too. However, like the reply I read earlier "who cares!". My boobs are gone and I feel normal! I still have swelling and a little pain and bruising but life is good. I went ahead and made myself a little drink to go with the percocet and my new chest! Good luck to you! Congratulations!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB

I washed up a bit in between but nothing like a shower!!

I hear ya there dude...  I only lasted 2 days. Couldn't take it any longer...  I got a lecture from my PS for taking off the compression wrap tho.   :P

GB

Offline MSJ108

I am noticing some waves/ripples in areas on my chest. I assume this is normal/swelling and will go away with time??

Offline monterojl

• Bronze Member
I am noticing some waves/ripples in areas on my chest. I assume this is normal/swelling and will go away with time??

I also had the waves you mention at 10 days post op, im 19 days post op now, and theyre a lot smaller now.

Offline MSJ108

I also had the waves you mention at 10 days post op, im 19 days post op now, and theyre a lot smaller now.

good to hear. makes me nervous!! I'd hate to have damaged my chest with surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024