Author Topic: Should I worry about my hormone levels?  (Read 4384 times)

Offline JevoChu

Hi all.....im new to this board ...and it seems like some of you are quite knowledgeable about this so here goes..

I had a lipo/excision procedure two years ago...but at the time i never had my hormone levels checked......after seeing the info on this board i thought  it would be wise., and the results are confusing to me...

My testosterone checked out at 358 ng/dl.....

LH at 3.6 mIU/ml

Estradiol at 30 pg/mL

TSH at 1.34 uIU/mL

my concern is that although these fall within the normal range, me testosterone levels are at the very bottom of the normal range.....and I am only 23 years old....in addition i hit the gym 4 times a week  which should be boosting my testosterone....should I be concerned?

mikeyfive0

hormone levels definitely play a big part with gyno...

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Here are the latest tests I've had done:

Test Code        Description        Result        Range        Units
004516  Estradiol         37        0-53        pg/mL
004310       FSH       1.5       1.4-18.1       mIU/mL
004284       LH       2.2       0.5-5.3       mIU/mL
004465       Prolactin       4.6       2.1-17.7       ng/mL
082016       Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum       10             nmol/L
004227       Testosterone, Serum       424       241-827       ng/dL

I've discussed these results with hypo and he recommends a supplement called DIM (I forgot the whole name) that is found in foods like broccoli, which lowers one's estradiol / estrogen to a balanced level, and should thus raise testosterone levels.  I faxed my results and some info about DIM to my endo today and I'm going to discuss it with her tomorrow (Tuesday).

http://www.atdonline.org/pdf/DIMandCancer.pdf#search='what%20does%20dim%20indolplex%20do?'

http://www.ritecare.com/prodsheets/PHY-15336.html

Check those two links out.

You can't fully assess the cause of your imbalance without testing LH, FSH, and probably SHBG.  They help to discover which part of your body (pituitary gland or testes) is not functioning properly.  Anyway, from what I can see your testosterone is quite low and should be raised.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:37:52 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline hypo

Nukem,

I do not just recommend DIM.

I recommend DIM only when blood pathology has shown it may warrant its use and when your doctor is happy to consider its use and monitor its effects.

That was the reason I posted you the information privately and not to the whole board-

It will now be self medicated by a whole host of people who do not know what on earth they are doing :-/

Note: this med has not been shown to be successful at treating gynecomastia- only helpful in dealing with symptoms of hypogonadism.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 03:18:38 AM by hypo »

Offline JevoChu

thanks for the response nukem.....hypo or anyone else....is there anything u can suggest i do? or shall i wait to see an endo and have further tests conducted?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I believe that the best advice is to see the Endo and do not play games with any hormones before you do.  

The Endo will need to run some tests and a base line of un-altered hormones is in your best interest.
Grandpa Dan

Offline hypo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024