Author Topic: 3 weeks post op - Before and After  (Read 11964 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How much did you pay?

$4,500

That's a fair chuck of coin dude...  You should try to get some, if not all, of your money back. Your PS def did not do an adequate job imho.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MSJ108

ya I am pissed. I got a crater and uneven removal. I am praying maybe since its early I may have some scar tissue and other "normal healing" issues and things will get better.

Offline MSJ108

How much did you pay?

$4,500

That's a fair chuck of coin dude...  You should try to get some, if not all, of your money back. Your PS def did not do an adequate job imho.

GB

I signed off a waiver though that basically sht could go wrong and thats tough sht. I think I am screwed

Offline MSJ108

Grandpa is going to post an above shot as well as a shot showing before how it my pecs were even and after and how they are uneven.

Look at how "sharp" my right pec is compared with the left. Before my chest did not look uneven. There is more fat left on my left side which give is a better smoother more natural look in my opinion. The right pec looks "altered" to much by the removal of fat. Do you think my right pec may smooth out as it heals and look like the left? Im so depressed about this.

Here is the picture associated with the info above

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2571280511_f0cbe0a285.jpg?v=0

Offline MSJ108

Thoughts everyone??? Is there any hope for me things will get better as I heal???

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
MSJ108 asked me to read through this thread and comment.

I agreed, though I do not often comment on the postoperative threads because of several reasons.

I come from an age where Male breast reduction was less a mastoplexy and more a mastectomy, and rather crude by modern standards. The surgical methods now in use did not exist until the last 20 years or so by which time I was 50 years old and had different priorities. None of my immediate family has had surgery either so again I've not had anyone close up to use as a basis of comparison.

What I have observed is that the most frequent dissatisfaction seems to come from those who had the puffy nipple type of gynecomastia rather than those who had comparatively larger, contoured breasts. There are two possible reasons for this. The man who had large breasts is more happy simply because any significant reduction seems great. Even if things are not great there is a large improvement and they are happy. When a rather small amount of tissue is to be removed, The skill of the sculptor is of much greater importance and the patient is looking for a more perfect job.

In the case of MSJ108, I don't think he got his moneys worth. There is almost no change to the overall contour except where a depression exists which will likely be difficult to remedy. There is really no choice at this point but to wait a few months to see if there is some postoperative swelling which will yet shrink and scar tissue which will yet soften.

Ultimately, He will probably not be happy until there has been some revision.

Some of us heal better than others, which means that two men having identical procedures done by the same Surgeon could have significantly different results. I could not possibly estimate if, or to what degree, this may have played a part in MSJ108s results.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What I have observed is that the most frequent dissatisfaction seems to come from those who had the puffy nipple type of gynecomastia rather than those who had comparatively larger, contoured breasts. There are two possible reasons for this. The man who had large breasts is more happy simply because any significant reduction seems great. Even if things are not great there is a large improvement and they are happy. When a rather small amount of tissue is to be removed, The skill of the sculptor is of much greater importance and the patient is looking for a more perfect job.

In the case of MSJ108, I don't think he got his moneys worth. There is almost no change to the overall contour except where a depression exists which will likely be difficult to remedy. There is really no choice at this point but to wait a few months to see if there is some postoperative swelling which will yet shrink and scar tissue which will yet soften.

Good post Dan...

x2...  ;)

GB

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Couple of thoughts on your photos (some good news IMO)

1. You dont have "typical cratering".  By that I mean you seem to have fluid settling low on and below your nipple.  This swelling is most pronounced in the 3-12 week post op phase. This is making the area above it look cratered. Once your fluid goes down you will have less cratering from what I see.

2.  Looks like your doc erred on the side of caution. you could have used more of a reduction.  You may be one of the few good candidates for revision.  I believe a doc would tell you easier to fix a chest that did not have enough tissue removed rather than one that had too much.

I am not an expert by any means, just seen enough of these form a half baked opinion.

Good Luck

Offline MSJ108

MSJ108 asked me to read through this thread and comment.

I agreed, though I do not often comment on the postoperative threads because of several reasons.

I come from an age where Male breast reduction was less a mastoplexy and more a mastectomy, and rather crude by modern standards. The surgical methods now in use did not exist until the last 20 years or so by which time I was 50 years old and had different priorities. None of my immediate family has had surgery either so again I've not had anyone close up to use as a basis of comparison.

Ultimately, He will probably not be happy until there has been some revision.

Some of us heal better than others, which means that two men having identical procedures done by the same Surgeon could have significantly different results. I could not possibly estimate if, or to what degree, this may have played a part in MSJ108s results.

Thanks Dan

Offline MSJ108

Couple of thoughts on your photos (some good news IMO)

1. You dont have "typical cratering".  By that I mean you seem to have fluid settling low on and below your nipple.  This swelling is most pronounced in the 3-12 week post op phase. This is making the area above it look cratered. Once your fluid goes down you will have less cratering from what I see.

2.  Looks like your doc erred on the side of caution. you could have used more of a reduction.  You may be one of the few good candidates for revision.  I believe a doc would tell you easier to fix a chest that did not have enough tissue removed rather than one that had too much.

I am not an expert by any means, just seen enough of these form a half baked opinion.

Good Luck

Thanks man. Post like this help keep me sane

Offline MSJ108

UPDATE
First, the crater seems to be filling in a bit. I have been massaging the area twice a day. This is really good news!!!

Second, I talked to the doctor and nurse. They do not seemed concerned. They said things should smooth out over the next MONTHS. The Doc said I have a TON of swelling and all he can feel behind around nipples/areaols is hard tissue which is most likely swelling.

I am took a deep breath this morning and told myself its early and things will improve. I am going to hang tight for the next few months before passing judgment.

I can't thank everyone enough for all their support. I really do not have anyone to talk to about this and you all have helped so much! Thank you all!

Offline chociii1980

• Posting Member
dude msh,where are youre pics,i want to see the crater and filled!

Offline nitro1437

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024