Author Topic: How tuff is post-op?  (Read 2443 times)

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
how tuff is it?
cant v handle ourself and carry on with daily routine???
**Surgery done @ Appollo chennai**
Surgeon : Dr K Ramachandran

Surgery exp : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15201.0
Pics : http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15513.0
**Pretty happy with the results...**
"All you need is to be mentally strong with enough financial support...get them off"

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
it can depend really. Keep in mind you may likely be on some sort of pain medication this can make it difficult to drive so you have to be careful.

Im guessing but I would try to give yourself at least 4 days to chill out or so.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, give yourself 3 days to a week for initial recovery... As Badgene mentioned, just chill out during this time. Go rent several movies! ;)

For the first 2 days, it would be advisable to have someone with you to help you if needed. Just relax in bed or on the couch watching a few flicks. Then for the next few days, you could go about your normal routine but take it very easy and absolutely no strenuous upper-body activities. After 3 weeks, you will be back to your usual routine. If you go to the gym, take it very easy at first. If you experience any pain at all... stop. Try again in a week or two. Just listen to your body. It will tell you when its ready! Give it at least 6 months before looking for final results!

Keep in mind however, this time line is just an approximation. As we all heal at different rates, your post-op recovery may differ slightly to what I have stated above.

Most of all.... Be Patient!   Your body cannot heal itself in 1-2 weeks...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline sasidon

• Bronze Member
thnax for that.

i have taken one week of vacation and my suregery is on aug2nd.
I have to come back to work on Aug 11.

So my worry is...will i be able to be as usual when i come back to work...

also wid vests i wear,will ppl be able to recognise that i am wearing some vests inside??

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I took about 3 or 4 days off and sat around watching tv and eating easily prepared food.  And sleeping a lot.
Went through the entire thing on my own and I was fine.  It would be better if you had someone to help, but certainly achievable to go it alone.  I found I couldn't drive for about a week.

You main concern early on is that you don't want to push yourself too hard and end up with a B-cup breast sized heamatoma/seratoma situation...this means no heavy lifting, no stretching, no reaching.  I found getting my clothes on a little difficult for the first few days because of this.

Post op is tough, but you can manage it if you plan ahead, use common sense, and above all be patient with yourself.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

DrBermant

how tuff is it?
cant v handle ourself and carry on with daily routine???

Recovery after Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, bruising, swelling, and many other factors. 

I prefer techniques with minimal bruising and swelling for male breast reduction.  Yes, these are typical pictures for my patients.  Check out early results on other doctor's web sites (typically you will not find any), or here in the forums posted by patients. 

My patients are typically up and about the day of surgery.  Activities creating bouncing or needing the chest muscles need to await tissue healing.  I have had patients return to light duty the next day after surgery.  Check out my patients' comfort after gynecomastia surgery.  Although we give each patient a prescription for strong pain medication, most find plain Tylenol more than enough to manage their minimal discomfort.  Patients describe their comfort as if they had a really heavy workout. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline MSJ108

Yeah, give yourself 3 days to a week for initial recovery... As Badgene mentioned, just chill out during this time. Go rent several movies! ;)

For the first 2 days, it would be advisable to have someone with you to help you if needed. Just relax in bed or on the couch watching a few flicks. Then for the next few days, you could go about your normal routine but take it very easy and absolutely no strenuous upper-body activities. After 3 weeks, you will be back to your usual routine. If you go to the gym, take it very easy at first. If you experience any pain at all... stop. Try again in a week or two. Just listen to your body. It will tell you when its ready! Give it at least 6 months before looking for final results!

Keep in mind however, this time line is just an approximation. As we all heal at different rates, your post-op recovery may differ slightly to what I have stated above.

Most of all.... Be Patient!   Your body cannot heal itself in 1-2 weeks...  ;)

GB

Good post!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024