Author Topic: Is there anyway I can get it away WITHOUT surgery  (Read 3333 times)

Offline bosoxnm3

• Posting Member
Look, I am 17, 6'5, and 290 lbs. I have been obese for most of my life, and I am starting to try and lose it. Furthermore, I have had gyno. for the past four years at least. When my breasts are normal, they are cone shaped and stick out about three inches. I can definitely feel something hard under the nipple. Frankly I don't care if my nipples stick out but will losing about 50 pounds over six months get rid of most of the mass in the breast? Or am I permanently screwed because there is NO WAY in hell I want surgery. Also, will pectoral muscle exercises reduce some of the mass?

Offline bosoxnm3

• Posting Member
also when I pinch my nipples, my breasts, although definitely sticking out, are not cone-shaped.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
No. Surgery, make friends with it.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
No to what?

NO to the orginal posters question:" Is there anyway I can get it away WITHOUT surgery?"

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
sox (5 in the air over busting the curse btw), what is it about surgery that makes you say that? 

if it's the idea people might find out about it, it can be done with stealth. 

if it's the idea of anesthesia, it's extremely easy and the risk is probably little more than driving on the interstate. 

i'll assume for a reaction like that it's not the money, but you can save for it anyway. 

so what is it that would make you say that and lock yourself in with this s**t for the rest of your life? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline cool9000

I can say personally that the idea of surgery is scary.

Because it's cosmetic surgery, it's also means crossing a line. I can't quite explain it. Maybe I don't want to admit to myself that I care about my body so much. Maybe I'm just embarrassed. And also, what if something went wrong with the surgery? Part of me thinks that I'd rather have gyno than a messed-up chest from a doctor.

I've had this gyno since middle school and I hate it so much, but I just am not ready to give up trying to solve it on my own.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There were several questions in the OP.

Rapid weight loss such as 50 pounds in 6 months will likely reduce the breast mass, but not nearly as much as you hope for. The breast area is one of the first places where we deposit fat and seems to be the last place where it is lost. In some cases, weight loss even to an unhealthy degree fails to diminish the breast size significantly.

We have heard from body builders who tell us that when the breast tissue is perched upon an otherwise well defined pectoral muscle it can Be even more evident.

Surgery. You are not alone in your fears, but they are based upon some very old data. Modern surgery by a well qualified surgeon is quite safe. You could lose more blood from a minor cut on your finger than you are likely to lose in the operating room. The Emergency Room can be a chaotic and bloody place, but an operating room is calm, controlled and nearly bloodless.

Is there another way to get rid of it? Well lets see, Do you believe in the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc.? "Cures" for gynecomastia are kind of like them. We'd like to believe it was possible, but we really know better. There are a lot of schemers who are more than glad to prey upon those who have more hope than good sense.

Is cosmetic surgery just for those who are vain or self possessed? This is simply another myth that refuses to die. If you had a very large, discolored, ugly, but benign growth on the end of your nose, would it be vanity to have it removed? Of course not. While Gynecomastia may not be as obvious as a facial growth, I think there is a valid comparison. It is not necessarily vain to wish to look your best.
Grandpa Dan

Offline JTFiveG

• Posting Member
Amen... :D Well written.  Paa_Paw ;D
Check out my surgery Pre and Post Op pics

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16185.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024