Author Topic: My diary - surgery with Dr Benito 3rd Dec.  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Another update to say happy xmas!

Also, I still have a lot of healing to go but for the first time now I actually feel "gyno free" I just bought a nice white t-shirt in the right size for me, and actually look good in it! This is good as I know I have more healing to go yet as still swollen. So very happy at the minute!

Happy new year everyone.

Can't wait to get back in the gym :D

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Am thinking of going with Benito but have one eye on the exchange rate!

Have you any more up to date pics, or do you look the same as those previously posted, post op?
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I think my chest now looks far better than the post-op pics I put up after surgery. I'm waiting until the 1 month mark before I post new pictures though so around January 3rd sort of time. I've put on a fair bit of weight due to no exercise and bad diet.. but I plan to lose it all again very soon!

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
I know what you mean. I'm only 8 days post surgery but all i do is sit and eat in this stupid vest! ha. I really need to start running before i put on any noticeable weight!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I know what you mean. I'm only 8 days post surgery but all i do is sit and eat in this stupid vest! ha. I really need to start running before i put on any noticeable weight!

Get back into it as soon as you can! It's been 3 weeks for me and I've put on a /lot/ of weight, altho I have been eating a LOT... if I don't work/train/do active things then I tend to comfort eat! lol. I feel up to training again now I think so going to start in the new year. Still have slightly limited movement in my right arm as thats the one I had a few mobility problems with but the left is fine now.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Comfort eating! It's exactly what i'm doing right now! Luckily i'm in little pain, so i think i can start running and slowly build myself up. I'm starting to swell though, so i'm not sure how that's going to play out. Hopefully it's not going to get worse.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
A month tomorow since the operation. I definetly feel better for having it done, but I'm far from happy with the results so far.. however I have put on a bit of weight with the lack of training and healing can take up to a year before final results are seen.

Left side is still really bumpy and nipple creased. Right side is the same and also the right side is sort of really puffy, but not the nipple itself, hard to explain. Feels like hard gland behind it making it stick out? Maybe it's scar tissue though I don't know?

I look fairly okay with a t-shirt on now though at the very least, so looking forward to a summer where I can at least wear a t-shirt without worrying.

Couple t-shirt pics here, will post some without shirt later on today or tomorow. I am far from flat, but to be honest I don't think it's a fat issue.. feels like the center of my chest is sort of "concaved" bone wise and won't be fixed by liposuction or fat loss... think the only way to fix this is to put on some serious muscle?

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Maybe it's scar tissue though I don't know?

Hi Bigman. 

Yes that sounds like some scar tissue, it will settle down - just keep massaging.  As for the rest, it will all fall into place in the coming months, it does take time.  At 6 months you WILL know if anything is wrong.  Be patient - i know it's difficult and you want instant overnight results, the only problem is the body doesn't heal that quick after invasive hoovering, even at your age!!!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
1 month pics.

Just hope the lumpy nipples sort themselves out... I just looked at the pre-op pics and it is a massive difference !

Put on a lot of weight tho, started training again today (been struggling to stick at it lately!!) hopefully can get the body fat levels down again before summer  ;D

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member

Offline kingboob

As with all surgery you are now experiencing the trade off.

Instead of boobs / gynecomastia you have got uneven and lumpy / bumpy bits........   but they will improve over time.

Just give it a bit of time to heal now.... it probably takes 3 months to get a reasonable idea and 12 months to get the end result.

Try not to gain any more weight before it heals up, because that is going to potentially mask / spoil your results.

Now that Christmas and New Year is over now, I am telling myself to get down the gym and stop making excuses, but it is hard to get back in to the routine after a few weeks off. 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:28:33 AM by kingboob »

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

Just hope the lumpy nipples sort themselves out... I just looked at the pre-op pics and it is a massive difference !

Hi, get hold of some bio-oil and keep massaging, it will help to break down the scar tissue.  And remember it's only been a month - wish i was back in Barcelona during the past week, it's been sooooooooooo cold!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Yep freezing lately!! And I work outside a lot, brrr...

Will get some bio oil asap, thanks for the tip! :)

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
I know everyone else is saying it but it will go down more and probably more importantly it will even out so the bumps will become smother and more natural looking.

Went through all of the same feelings at your stage the first time I had it done everyone kept telling me the same things but it's hard to believe when it's your body

It does change 
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024