Author Topic: 14 months post-op...what should be my next step?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline StubbornCase

I had both gland removal and liposuction done in Oct of 2007.  I saw a slight difference about a month post surgery, but then felt that my breasts were going back to the same size they were before surgery.  I went back to my surgeon at 6 months post-op to convey my concern.  I was blind sided when he turned out to be the most condescending a-hole.  He showed me polaroids of the fatty glands that were removed and laying on my stomach and the canister of fat that was sucked out.  He weighed me on this visit and told me that I gained 6 pounds and that if I would diet and exercise I would appreciate the surgery more.  (??????)  He told me that I should come back at the 1 year mark and he would reassess.  Well, it has been a little over a year, and I am definitely the same as I was pre-surgery.  I do not want to return to this surgeon.  So would somebody please explain to me what could have happened.  Did the gland grow back?  Or did fat just regenerate?  Does that mean that I have something other than gyno?  Everyone suggested surgery for me because I have had man boobs since adolescence.  I'm at a loss of what my options are now.  Should I look into a revision by another surgeon?  Or should I investigate other conditions?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Post some pictures, those would help a lot. I would get a hormone check to make sure everything is fine.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024