Author Topic: how to pay for the surgery?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline rejv

i want to have the gyne gland excision surgery but i dont know how to pay for it.  I know it cost ~$5,000 and i dont have more much money in my account.  when some of you guys got the procedure done how did you pay for it?  Cash in full, credit, or payments?  Right now i might be able to pay for it in payments if that is offered by surgeons.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Paid by cash in full - $1280 (CND)

Yes, most PS's have 2nd party financing options.

GB
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:02:49 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline istillgotit

• Posting Member
Paid by cash in full - $1280 (CND)

Yes, most PS's have financing options.

GB

Who did your surgery?  Is that $1280 total?  I am just curious because I need to have surgery again due to the fact that the first time I had surgery, the Dr. did not remove all of the gland from one side of my chest.  I am looking for an alternative to Dr. Bermant due to the costs involved, but also want a highly skilled surgeon so that I don't need a THIRD surgery.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans.  These are outside plans that the doctor's office has worked with and would endorse -- they are not plans financed by the doctor himself.

Most of the plans offer long term, low interest rates.  The exact terms (ie interest rate, etc) vary with the patient's choice of how much is to be borrowed and and long the term of re-payment would be.  The patient's credit history will also affect interest rates.

My office works with Care Credit and Capital One -- both very reputable.

For further info, contact Jennifer, my surgical coordinator, at:  jennifer@drelliotjacobs.com or by phone at (212) 570 6080.  She would be pleased to provide info to you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline istillgotit

• Posting Member
I asked this question because if the surgeons are very good in Canada..............and it only costs 1280. In Canada.............I'll get on a plane and GO TO CANADA!

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
Unfortunately, it's not as easy as "hopping on a plane to" the promised land, or Canada.

GB's surgery was $1280 because it was subsidized heavily by OHIP, the provincial health insurance plan in Ontario.

Non-residents of Ontario would not qualify for OHIP and would pay the full cost of surgery.

As a non-resident, I would expect to pay in excess of $6000 (which is what another Canadian surgeon charges, who works outside the hospital and his patients do not therefore qualify for OHIP subsidization).

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Many PS's in Canada (including Dr. Fielding) will not take Out-Of-Country patients. Sorry guys!  :-\

As monsterclean mentioned, my surgery was subsidized by OHIP. All except lipo was paid for by OHIP.

GB

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
My office works with CareCredit, as do many plastic surgeons' offices around the country.
CareCredit is currently offering a great deal, considering the economy:  18 month no-interest financing.  Check out CareCredit.com

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Grandpa Bambu

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=16836.msg117152#msg117152 date=1234496742]
CareCredit is currently offering a great deal, considering the economy:  18 month no-interest financing.  Check out CareCredit.com[/quote]

Free money for 18 months!!!  That is a good deal...  ;)

GB

Offline NIN0808

• Posting Member
1st off pick a doctor and talk to him (may cost around $100 just to see him, however they may apply that to the surgery)
If you have good credit you can use payments with a credit company like credit care.
if this is something you really want, use credit. (BTW make sure you have a good doctor).
this is how it work for me.
I met with the doctor in Oct. of last year at which point I placed $500 to set a date plus the $100 to speak to him.
$600, his fees was $2900. So $2300 left to pay to the Doctor. And around $1700 for the O.R. Room and to be put under.
Then i waited until the 1st friday of dec. to pay everything off. And I picked up the MEDS the day before surgery for $25 at Costco !!
My Surgery was on Dec. 31.

I would pick up a part-time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024