Author Topic: Gynecomastia Charity/Funds?  (Read 10592 times)

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
I'm Not sure where your from so im not sure of your health service but im from the U.k and if you are also i would advise going through the NHS my man tell them how bad it makes you feel because they may offer you treatment for free if it is really affecting you this badly. Im not sure how the health service in where ever you are from works so this is only from what i know of the british one. It seems to me though mate that its not just the gynecomastia thats the problem here obviously we dont know what you've been through with your family or any other personal matter but we are all suffering (or for a few suffered) the same CONDITION (Courtesy of Bambu  ;)) as you and know the embarrasing things we have to go through and we're not gonna just say Get off your arse and get a job we know it can be embarassing in a work place and often soul destroying my advice to you would be to stick it out let the jesters make their jokes because YOU know in YOUR head that in however many thousands later itll be over with and you'll be laughing at them (just picture yourself with a flat chest and hopefully thatll give you all the motivation you could ever need)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It seems to me though mate that its not just the gynecomastia thats the problem here obviously we dont know what you've been through with your family or any other personal matter but we are all suffering (or for a few suffered) the same CONDITION (Courtesy of Bambu  ;))

;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Futile...

Do you have any pics posted of your G?

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I love this idea. Yes. Gyno charity good idea!

Okay then...  I'll volunteer to be the treasurer of the organization. All donations can be sent to my PayPal account. My user name at PayPal is my email addy....  bambu@rogers.com.

Dude... you can be the first to donate! How much should I expect? $50, $100, $200? In fact, since you "fully support the idea of a charity, and almost killed myself over this" and truly understand what the sufferer is going through, you might consider a $1000+ donation. Whadayasay dude? ;)

GB
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:36:36 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Lets focus on the surprising fact that people here who've had gynecomastia don't seem to understand that going out in public can be literally impossible
. Emotional pain is just as bad as physical pain, and when I had gyno I could no more go out in public than I could hold my hand in a fire.

Dude...  Don't fool yourself my man. Every G sufferer who's had correction will always recall the emotional devastation that is endured while suffering from Gynecomastia. Those of us that have had G "don't understand"? Dude, I had to endure 'D' cup m(o)(o)bs for 30 years! My teen years in high school were the worst. Thirty grueling years Dude! I'd watch what you say when you start throwing accusations like that around...   :-X

Trust me my man, I and many other former sufferers, do 'understand'!

GB
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:33:22 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

You're the only one keeping yourself from getting professional help as Dan suggested.  No one here is dragging you through the mud or any such thing.  You've got to make things happen and take action yourself or nothing will progress.

This IS a support group and from what I've seen, we're trying to help you.  Everyone has been kind and no one has been out of line.
I strongly believe you're making every reason to not do anything and maintain an "Oh me" attitude.

Accept our suggestions and do something or don't do anything.  No one is calling you a failure or doubting your Gyne.

Don't expect us to coddle you and say it'll be alright.  That's not support.

Well said my man!  ;)

Futile...  As Jake mentioned... "Everyone has been kind and no one has been out of line."  Nobody is dragging you through the mud here. We are just telling you 'how it is'. We do understand what you are going through. Most here are 'there' themselves, or have 'been-there-done-that'...

If you don't have the coin to get surgery, and family/friends are unwilling to foot the bill, then the only other answer is......  ETMY!  That's just life my man!

As for the charity idea.... In order for a charity to work, people need to be empathetic towards the condition and its sufferers. Unfortunately, most people see Gynecomastia as a joke. Check out the responses from the random people surveyed in the video Gynecomastia: Taboo No Longer (select: Taboo No Longer). "Ewwwe, I wouldn't date a guy who wears a bra!", "Maybe they should do some pectoral exercises", "Guys have over-sized breasts? Really? Ooookaaaaay..." (smirk, smirk), "They've just been eating too much..."  Keep in mind that those people were not actors and were not prompted for their answers. Do you honestly think those people who think of our malady as a joke, would donate their hard earned coin to its cause?

GB
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:11:57 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
I love this idea. Yes. Gyno charity good idea!

Okay then...  I'll volunteer to be the treasurer of the organization. All donations can be sent to my PayPal account. My user name at PayPal is my email addy....  bambu@rogers.com.

Dude... you can be the first to donate! How much should I expect? $50, $100, $200? In fact, since you "fully support the idea of a charity, and almost killed myself over this" and truly understand what the sufferer is going through, you might consider a $1000+ donation. Whaddyasay dude? ;)

GB

Well said!!  What was the old saying?  Oh yeah!   "Talk is cheap"

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are a whole lot of "What If" things that have not even been considered here so far.

Since you are still living at home, What IF you might be qualified for surgery on your parents medical insurance?

IF Your psychological trauma is severe enough, Perhaps you might even be qualified for medical assistance as a disabled person.

IF your Gynecomastia is severe enough, and a causal relationship can be established for your psychological problems, You may be able to get help from some other sources.

In every case, the first move is up to you.

IF it truly is troubling you to a great degree, and IF you want to be rid of it strongly enough, You'll find a way to make it happen.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

IF it truly is troubling you to a great degree, and IF you want to be rid of it strongly enough, You'll find a way to make it happen.

;)

GB

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
As much as I can sympathize with fellow sufferers, this is absurd.  There are plenty of people in much worse conditions with life-threatening illnesses who struggle to gather donations.  We have a chest shaped slightly different than normal.  I put up with this for 10+ years until finally scheduling my surgery due to money issues.  There's no reason why you can't wait until you land a job that pays for it. 

Not to mention, half of the people worried about gyne either have extremely mild cases or are in such horrible shape that there's no telling if it's fat or gyne. 

I agree.  I don't know who Futile is or what his condition is.  But I hope he is OK.  Hopefully he'll be able to find the strength in himself enough to get through his issues.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
c17361736,  I agree with what you're saying.  Gynecomastia does suck and is each sufferer's own personal hell.  But I think you're taking it a bit overboard.

We are not growing female sex organs.  The last time I checked, I do not have ovaries or fallopian tubes.  Breast tissue is tissue, not an organ.  I think what you meant is the amount of breast tissue just gives a feminine appearance.

If you have female reproductive organs "growing" in you, then you have much bigger problems to deal with.  I'm willing to guess that that is not the case though.   ;)

:D

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
"Gynecomastia Awareness - Leading cause of teen male suicide"
Do You Actually have the stats on this I'd be very interested to see them. Anyway gynecomastia is not a disease its a condition ask Grandpa Bambu ;) and also i think it is very much what you make of it i know it is very difficult to go out in a t-shirt and all these things but you can buy compression vests or button ups usually hide it well there are ways to hide it so working should not be a problem to put it crudely. I know i may be ruffling feathers and i honestly dont mean to offend but if you really hated it u'd get yourself a job and get rid thats what im doing now people can do what they like i wear a really awful polo shirt at my night time job that couldnt show em off more i jus got my eyes on the prixe baby ;)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

"Gynecomastia Awareness - Leading cause of teen male suicide"

Do You Actually have the stats on this I'd be very interested to see them.

Yeah, I've wondered about this myself! :P

GB

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Let me make this clear, gynecomastia is pure hell. It's not about wanting to look more attractive or being some kind of metrosexual obsessed with their appearance, it's about escaping an experience that is hell and where everyday is like waking up into a  nightmare. In this respect I think gynecomastia is similar to having cancer.

Well said dude!!!

Your attitude is similar to the attitude of most of society. It's easy to look at someone with gyno and be like "this doesn't effect him physically so it's not serious". Each disease has it's own way of killing you. Gyno's way is by causing so much mental stress that it forces the suffering to end his life.

As SoX mentioned, Gynecomastia is not a disease dude! It's a 'condition' at best. Look the word 'disease' up in the dictionary...  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024