Author Topic: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 ( THREE WEEK photos added)  (Read 13220 times)

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Re: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 (Photos added pre/post)
Reckon it must be a layer of bruising, not noticeable this morning, maybe it was the bedroom light or my eyes playing tricks,  but panic over this morn.

Arm pit plasters came off in the shower, so have just left them off, all looks healed together OK.

Remaining plasters off tomorow, yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Even tried on one my T-shirts this morn that I would have never worn last week  ;D ;D ;D
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I cannot beleive the results, seriously.

Your gyne is very similar to mine and if I can get the same results as you I would be over the bloody moon!!

Congratz on the surgery!

Your chest looks totally different from your pre op photos. You are so lucky!

One question Jock, psychologically how do you feel after the surgery?

My surgery is in the beggining of next month hopefully all goes well.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
One question Jock, psychologically how do you feel after the surgery?

Felt a bit strange at first, realising that it had actually happened took time to sink in, taking the vest off for a shower is just amazing to look in the mirror, then look again, then turn sideways and look again. I was always concious of them when I looked down and the feeling that it is gone is amazing. Can't wait to walk out in a t-shirt, even if it is -6 deg  :D

I've read that you can suffer depression over the coming weeks, suppose the odd bits of swelling, scar tissue etc. may take it's toll, but if I feel down in any way, reckon I will just need to look back at old photos to bring a smile to the face ;D

I took the nipple incision plasters off tonight, and the cut is about 6 or 7mm utterly amazing how they remove 24g of gland out thro that tiny hole. All healed great, so will post a photo in the next couple of days.

When is your surgery planned?

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Re: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 (Photos at 1 week added)
Hardly seems like a week, but it was last thursday morning I was heading to the hospital, how time flies. Just hope the next week goes as quick then I can discard this vest for at least half the day or night.

Still a fair bit of bruising and swlling on the right side.

Can't wait for it all to settle down

Scar and swelling visible on the right

You really have to look for the scar on the left, for one week post op, it's hardly noticeable at all - amazing

Needless to say, I am still delighted with the results, , reckon I'd be happier when the swelling goes down, but on reading the post op notes - swelling can come and go for quite a few months.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:28:50 AM by Jock »

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Re: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 ( 1 week photos added)
Results look fantastic mate - you must be absolutely over the moon!  ;D

I'm 7 weeks now - everything has settled down and I have no swelling (as far as I can tell.) Still a tiny bit sensitive if I run my hand over my chest but I guess that's to be expected.

Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Glad your progressing well enuff, that's fully the week up now for me, so could not resist opening a nice wee botle of red to wash the lunch doon, Hic !

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Brusing looks painful, but I am sure it is pain that you can go through after what happened.

My surgery is 8th April with Mr Levick, not long left now.

Your scars seem to be minimal and once the brusing and swelling goes down you should be as good as new!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Aye the bruising is still a bit painful, but worth every bit for the end result.

I was using the magnifying shaver mirror after the shower this morn, and could not find the incision cuts below the nipples, utterly amazing for day 9 after the op.

Hope - that month will fly past, believe me !

Enuff - how long were you told to sleep in an upright position?? I'd presume till all the swelling is gone?

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hey Jock

Those incisions heal up pretty quick eh?!  ;)

They didn't mention a time scale for sleeping upright! I did it for the first week then started going lower and lower till I was lying flat. I was still on my back - I couldn't lie on my side for 3 weeks as it was just too uncomfortable.

Bet you're looking forward to wearing the vest for half the time?!  ;D In those first two weeks the best time of the day was the few minutes when I could take the vest off and stand in the shower.....

Offline kingboob

Hey Jock

They didn't mention a time scale for sleeping upright! I did it for the first week then started going lower and lower till I was lying flat. I was still on my back - I couldn't lie on my side for 3 weeks as it was just too uncomfortable.

Bet you're looking forward to wearing the vest for half the time?!  ;D In those first two weeks the best time of the day was the few minutes when I could take the vest off and stand in the shower.....

Some of you guys are big babies.  ::)

I was cut open from side to side and still managed to get back to normal (including the gym) within 3 weeks.......would have been sooner but for medical advice,  have you guys never heard of paracetamol :D

Come on, grow a pair, you sound like a girl!  :D

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Hey Jock

Thanks enuff, I could not recall a timescale for sleeping as upright as poss, always like to follow the docs recommendation.

2 days till the vest is off  ;D

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
2 days Jock... I remember it being bliss!  ;D

Kingboob - you're my hero  ;)

Offline kingboob

2 days Jock... I remember it being bliss!  ;D

Kingboob - you're my hero  ;)

I know..........  I'm everybody's hero.  ;)

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
HEAVEN - vest off for 12 hours !

Enuff - did you feel tender / tingly / sort of mild pain in the area where the lipo was done ? ? also got a slight swelling which I would have expected after the vest was off.

and Kingboob - I'm not in need of a paracetamol !

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Great eh?!  ;D

Yeah, I had the tender/tingly/pain thing going on for a few weeks if not more. It's not painful as such, but you know it's there....Nips still slightly tender to the touch 8 weeks on.

At no point did I take any form of painkiller either!  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024