Author Topic: Is it true that most people are unhappy with the surgery?  (Read 5509 times)

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
gambit10, I totally agree with you that you should be at your ideal weight when you get your surgery to get the best results. That being said, I disagree with you when you say that most of the people who tend to be unhappy with their results are the ones who are out of shape. I actually find quite the opposite. People who are overweight or who just have very large breasts tend to be the happiest because their results tend to be the most dramatic. I find its the ultra-fit people who have puffy nipples who are the ones who tend to be the most disappointed and upset with their results. It seems to me that the narrower and focused a person's expectations, the greater chance there is for disappointment. To use your car analogy, I can take a piece of shit car and throw some nice rims on it and it will look much better. You take a Ferrari and start adding spoilers or skirts the results will look only marginally improve since its such beautiful car to begin with.

GynO_DuDe

gambit10, I totally agree with you that you should be at your ideal weight when you get your surgery to get the best results. That being said, I disagree with you when you say that most of the people who tend to be unhappy with their results are the ones who are out of shape. I actually find quite the opposite. People who are overweight or who just have very large breasts tend to be the happiest because their results tend to be the most dramatic. I find its the ultra-fit people who have puffy nipples who are the ones who tend to be the most disappointed and upset with their results. It seems to me that the narrower and focused a person's expectations, the greater chance there is for disappointment. To use your car analogy, I can take a piece of shit car and throw some nice rims on it and it will look much better. You take a Ferrari and start adding spoilers or skirts the results will look only marginally improve since its such beautiful car to begin with.

Its an equal balance of happy & unhappy clients...

*A obese guy, who doesn't plan on getting fit will be more than chuffed when he has surgery to get his gynecomastia removed.

*A obese guy, who plans to get fit, but has his operation while overweight is more likely to go back for revisions because when hes finally lost weight, toned up etc, he notices slight irregularities (this was my case & yes im going back for a 2nd touch up in a few weeks).

*Then theirs your body builders and the super fit, who as you correctly said want absolute perfection and can't handle even the slightest defect.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
I had my surgery in 2007 it might have been the best decision I made in my life Im really happy with my surgery. Dr. David Metzner was my surgeon

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024